So its back to the drawing board for you?

The FM series has had me gripped for a while. I have bought each edition say from 2005 onwards which has got me hooked to the football manager series, but then today I thought that I have finally cracked it, basically it was like this.

I thought "Aaaa...HA!" (Well I didn't shout to be honest , I just nodded to myself in an obnoxious, self approval kinda way, I was very pleased with my self.)

I thought to myself that I have got a grip on the tactical formations now, I know how to treat the teams in team talks, basically play the game effectively as a football manager. In a nutshell I thought my team would be unbeatable, I also though that I was; going to be the daddy now, oh yes I was.

Due to some simple errors on my part I ommited some simple and silly things. Due to my own arrogance. (Well why change.....I have it sussed it now.)

So I carried on the game forgetting simple things such as after watching every game. I would always spot that the. Left corner taker was about as useful as me delivering corners with my broken foot. I would forget to replace him with someone that can take corners, knowing full well that he is set by me in the tactics menu to always take the corners.

So folks any of you lot done the same, do you think "Yes oh yes, yesy I have cracked it. There is no stopping me now!". Then forget to do the blatant obvious such as start the game with a player such as a CM in Goal or, not make that tactical correction, those silly Homer "DOH!" moments. With it being being back to the drawing board for you?

Mate, that's my nightly routine: I venture towards bed, upon finishing a couple of matches using a particular tactic, and winning said matches as convincingly as convincing will allow, I think that I've finally cracked it, my opponents are at my supreme mercy. Cut to the next day, and after 3 to 4 matches, my opponents crack my tactics, they completely break it down and I'm left with nothing but a pile of rubble with a few arrows and team mentality instructions to show for my hard work on the tactics board. Leaving me no choice but to start from scratch.

Every time that I think that I've finally cracked it and that I've created the unbreakable tactic, I'm left with scrambled egg on my face.

BUT

I've now created the ultimate tactics, tactics so strong and so solid that it could have been forged by lucifer himself.

*yawn*

I'm now off to bed...

Archived