Offside my ass

I somehow managed to have 5 goals ruled out for offside (well ripped) and my post match "thing" said the referee "had a really poor game". Ok, it happens. ( i often see 5 goals ruled out for offside!!!)

My post match press conference asked me if i thought the goal was offside. Well done genious WHICH ONE?

I was also asked if I thought if the ref had a bad game so i said yes.

Next in my news box was a £41K fine and now my board are unsure if im the right man for the job.

Bug or just pure unlucky?

Unlucky I would say.

I have seen in the info after the match it saying the ref had a bad game, I wonder if you get to voice your frustrations in press conferences. I've set to see this in '09, about offsides only for red cards I think I have seen this that is if I recall correctly.

I don't think its a bug, just a bad day at the office for the ref and for your team.

I somehow managed to have 5 goals ruled out for offside (well ripped) and my post match "thing" said the referee "had a really poor game". Ok, it happens. ( i often see 5 goals ruled out for offside!!!)

My post match press conference asked me if i thought the goal was offside. Well done genious WHICH ONE?

Next in my news box was a £41K fine and now my board are unsure if im the right man for the job.

That's real life for you, too.

Managers aren't allowed to point to the fact that a referee hasn't got a clue, even when it's clear to all and sundry he's a plonker with a whistle.

As the great man himself (Shankly) said;

"The problem with referees is they know the rules; but they don't know the game."

It's not real life so don't expect too much. The limitations of the game come into play, I actually don't see the point of the press stuff in the game or indeed other versions. It's just about picking the right answer to get a positive moral boost from your squad and avoiding the wrong one and getting a moral downturn. I've had the press ask me about me signing Mutu about 8 times now, the same questions again and again, and everytime ive said I've no interest in him whatsoever, still the question is asked again and again with the game forgetting it's already asked me and ive answered no each time. I wouldn't bother sending your assistant either cos more often than not they say stupid things. My assistant for Liverpool said he thinks Man u will win the prem, yeah good one...they then became totally unbeatable from the morale boost it gave them. Unless your team has AWFUL morale and you know what answer to give that will raise it, i'd say just ignore all the questions and give no comment. SI are trying, but this feature really sucks.

That's real life for you, too.

Managers aren't allowed to point to the fact that a referee hasn't got a clue, even when it's clear to all and sundry he's a plonker with a whistle.

As the great man himself (Shankly) said;

"The problem with referees is they know the rules; but they don't know the game."

Its not the ref im having a go at (although i should!) its the stupid line of questioning. "A goal was ruled out for offside, but do you think it was offside?" Like i said i had 5 goals so which one are they talking about? :confused:

Archived