The somewhat controversial "im not going to patch to 9.02...yet" thread

Are you going to / have you already patched 9.02?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to / have you already patched 9.02?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I really want to but am scared of the posible negative consequences
    • Dont know!
    • Yes, but wish I hadnt

Dont get me wrong, am not bashing the avaialbility of a new patch but am just saying that I love the 9.01 patched game just as it is! I dont want unforseen "bugs" or changes to the ME to interfere with my much loved 2nd season Bristol Rovers game ( & countering of the reasonably sucessful tactics I have developed). I have read 1 or 2 negative posts about the new patch already, and whilst trying to reserve (uninformed) judgement I think I shall wait & read a few more days of opinions, or wait for a horrible 9.01 bug to bother me - none have yet, before patching.

So the question is, are you going to / have you already patched 9.02?, (or do you love 9.01 as I do?)

Goalkeepers actually make decent saves now. Less balls hit the bar/post. Goal kicks don't lead to a goal every match. Strikers aren't as useless. Wingers will make low crosses. Long shots aren't so effective. The 3D matches load much much faster

Why exactly would you not install the latest patch? The only understandable reason would be if 9.2 makes the game unplayable (i.e fail to load up)

Only a blind man would not notice the multitude of problems in 9.1, not that 9.2 is perfect, but it's a big improvement

If you like the first patch then stick with it. I upgraded to the second patch on FM08 and found it unplayable, so I went back to the only version which was actually fun (the first beta patch) and I've stuck with it ever since. Chances are that while they fixed the old bugs they just created new ones, better the devil you know and all that.

Not patched yet, probably wont till I get bored of my current game, been on it for 15days.

Using the 1st patch i've not realy seen any bugs in the game, although i've only been managing in the english premiership, so i've not witnessed the serie C cup bug.

Archived