Is there a deffending bug in 9.2?

I do not know as i didn't download the patch yet.I heard some people claim that the marking of the wingers has not been fixed yet and that the deffenders simply cannot cope with through balls.

Is that correct??

Would be very disappointed if that is correct.

I've seen more obvious 'mistakes' since the patch, but I've also noticed a lot more good defending than I ever saw before this patch. When the ball goes forward I actually expect the defenders to charge down shots and challenge for the ball, rather than just waiting for the opposition to either score, put it wide or miss place their cross.

Lower League in italy, cant defend for toffee. Balls through the middle defenders back off or wander off and don't even attempt to get back, just let them run through and shoot.

Not totally sure its not my defenders, happens to opposition defenders to, so could be both.

Captain, that a new game or just a continuation of an old save?

In 15 games pre patch i went 200 minutes without letting a goal in.

I have played 18 games with the new 9.20 patch i have NOT kept a single clean sheet using exactly the same tactics. I set players to man mark the wingers and they think that they know better and do NOT follow my instructions --> opposition score time after time with the SAME type of goal against me. It doesnt seem to matter what tactics i use they just wont listen. so i'd say YES.

I played a few games with 9.2 and although it is improvement from 9.1 which was horrible the 9.2 is still majorly flawed the defenders are simply behaving stupidly. You cannot develop an 4-5-1 slow tempo, possession tactic because the game prefers those silly all out attack tactics. The situation is improved in 9.2 but it is still horrible it doesn't feel like football. Do not get me wrong I am not doing bad actually I am overachieving but it does not feel right.

Why SI could not stick with 8.02 and making small tweaks to it instead of making a new ME?

09 is really disappointment to me as I do not like 3D also do not use press conferences etc.

Maybe the code has become too complicated and even SI can not understand exactly what is happening with ME and how to improve it.

I've not played LL with this patch yet so I can't comment onthat level. It's certainly not that prominant in the top leagues/Europe.

In all honesty I've not seen a GK assist in 2seasons of playing.

According to the patch notes this is the only thing changed in the Match engine for 9.2.0.

Match v742 (9.2.0)

----------

- Fixed bug that caused keeper to potentially lose control of ball after he has held it for 6 seconds

Wasn't they supposed to fix longshot, keeper through balls ++

After patching, I think my defense has improved, actually. At least visually. A good deal of clean sheets or just allowing 1 goal. Apart from that, I now seem to see more last moment tackles from my defenders, which is always a nice thing to watch. :)

The crazy GK assists have also TOTALLY disappeared. Previously, they would be quite common either for or against.

According to the patch notes this is the only thing changed in the Match engine for 9.2.0.

Match v742 (9.2.0)

----------

- Fixed bug that caused keeper to potentially lose control of ball after he has held it for 6 seconds

Wasn't they supposed to fix longshot, keeper through balls ++

They did. You're just not reading the notes correct. You have to scroll down.

You can't criticise anything if you're unable to read patch notes.

I think that patch 9.2.0 has made the game infinitely better. There is no point coming on here and asking the forum goers if there are bugs in the game because the select group of constant whiners will always turn around and say 'this is a bug' and 'that is a bug'. Yous eem determined to believe them.

Many of the people that are happy with the game are off playing it. Hence you get a biased view.

If you concede too many goals then you need to have a closer look at your tactics.

If you don't concede too many goals, and you believe you are doing better than you should be, then why are you here complaining about the defensive status of the match engine? Go play the game.

I am complaining because it does not feel like real football.

As I said before I do not want to make my tactics on the ME flaws I want to play 4-5-1 possession football which is impossible in 09.

There is no realism if the game forces you to play quick tempo wide all out attack tactics in order to achieve something. I find ME 8.02 much better than ME 09.

I'll say again, almost every goal either I or the ai score comes from a ball played between two centre backs that stand still for a couple of seconds, not marking, not tackling, not doing anything. They let the striker get into the box before they move. It destroys the realism.

I'll say again, almost every goal either I or the ai score comes from a ball played between two centre backs that stand still for a couple of seconds, not marking, not tackling, not doing anything. They let the striker get into the box before they move. It destroys the realism.

Have you tried playing with a DM set to mark/follow their striker? Similarly, have you tried playing with a Sweeper? If you're experiencing too many central attacks you may want to try putting the opposition strikers onto their outside foot to encourage them out wide instead of central.

I'm still getting some long balls over the top, but it's a much more sensible amount than in 9.1. They do occur in real football; after all, both goals in the Arsenal/Liverpool game came from long balls over a defense that was either slightly slow to react, or out of position.

I played a few games with 9.2 and although it is improvement from 9.1 which was horrible the 9.2 is still majorly flawed the defenders are simply behaving stupidly. You cannot develop an 4-5-1 slow tempo, possession tactic because the game prefers those silly all out attack tactics. The situation is improved in 9.2 but it is still horrible it doesn't feel like football. Do not get me wrong I am not doing bad actually I am overachieving but it does not feel right.

Why SI could not stick with 8.02 and making small tweaks to it instead of making a new ME?

09 is really disappointment to me as I do not like 3D also do not use press conferences etc.

Maybe the code has become too complicated and even SI can not understand exactly what is happening with ME and how to improve it.

I'm sorry but that's just not true, i am playing slow possession and have no problems playing defensively. Didn't play attacking football in any of the matches so far.At same time i can't comprehend that you can try to compare any ME to 8.0.2, considering that was one of the most flawed engines in CM/FM history with exception of CM4.

For starters this years ME requires some thinking and tweaking.

lower leage - every goal scored by me or ai comes from a through ball between the two central defenders. major issue!

As i said above , i am playing LL (exclusively) and that was not the case in 9.1 and now 9.2. My goals are scored in several different ways and same goes for AI.I can assure you that it's definitely not ME issue in your case.

Have you tried playing with a DM set to mark/follow their striker? Similarly, have you tried playing with a Sweeper? If you're experiencing too many central attacks you may want to try putting the opposition strikers onto their outside foot to encourage them out wide instead of central.

Well, the thing is, I can figure out a way to stop it with my team - but it's too easy to do it to the centre backs of the ai teams. That's what bugs me more than anything else, because the ai doesn't know how to stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

yes but i think it limited to my no brainer defender who actualy has good stats whilst i like many aspects of 9.0.2 i must agree lower down the pyrimid there seems to be a lack of being able to run in a line and pick up the runners even if there striker has 7 for pace and your centre back has 16 but hey the game is played how you want and before you ask yes iam being sucsesfull just won promotion to league 1 but does it feel like football no to many goals coming from through balls were moron defenders just sort of stand there.

I think this is a tactics issue, specifically mentality and creative freedom. Possibly also defensive line related..

Whilst I noticed my team being utter rubbish using my old tactics, after changing to a more sensible 442 with mixed marking I have got them doing it well.

They do ocassionally do amazingly unreal things, such as ignore wingers or head the ball into their own goal from 20 yards completely un-challenged, and they also frequently hoof the ball back to the goalkeeper, whom they mistakenly believe to be in row z. Which is annoying.

But useless defenders will defend uselessly. Concentration, positioning, decisions, team work, marking etc.

I have to agree the match engine is screwed up. Almost ALL the chances in my matches (both for me and the CPU) are through balls which the defenders simply cannot deal with. They often take a totally unnatural path, gifting the striker a clear 10 yards.

Clearly this should result in a ridiculous amount of goals, so SI have "fixed" this by making players miss a high % of one-on-ones, most of them being hit straight against the keeper.

Note that this isn't a tactics issue, as this occurs both for and against me. The overall goals, chances etc are the right amount but the type of chances aren't. Perhaps I should just play on commentary view and ignorance is bliss!

Archived