Financial woes in Ireland

I finally got sacked from my dreadful managing of Fulham and now I'm cutting my teeth in the lowest irish league.

Its a bunch of part timers (Moyola Park) but I have been steering them on the right path of wins and at the very least draws. with only one loss in ten matches.

But I didn't look closely enough at the team before I agreed to join (yes I'm learning from my mistakes). They are financially sunk :thdn: A team that is only worth 140 k US. and I am 400 US overdrawn every week in my wage bill. I was 750 overdrawn when I came on but I was able to let a few players go when their contracts ended at the end of the season.

I have 11 first team, 12 total reserves (but I don't seem to have any reserve team matches)and around 22 youth players (whom have a match about every two weeks). I have an entire year before anyones contract is up. Only one of my players has any interest from other teams and he's a hot prospect youth striker.

What can I do? I have tried to "list for transfer" the players my assman says we should loose, but nobody wants them. I have tried to release them "on a free" but then I'm asked to pay 3 to 5 K in compensation for letting them go.... but we don't have ANY money. And to top it all off at the start of this new season. I was given another 6 youth players. I can't afford more youth players.

Because I'm new at this game I'm not sure what to do? I need some suggestions. I can't seem to get rid of anyone.

I wish we would get taken over but does that even happen for a bottom league team? is there a way you can advertise to get taken over? or find a sugar daddy? I don't want to get sacked again.

Mike

expectations in the irish league are always quite low and small teams always loose money, so the only idea i have is try to weather the storm, keep on winning and hope you are still in the job by the end of the season when more players are out of contract, and hope the chairman puts the clubup for sale, but i always manage in the irish league and have never had a club takeover.(if you keep the overall amount of debt the club is in respectable there really should be no problems from the board.)

Reality of Irish football is many (maybe most) teams are in financial trouble. I think even Bohemians (who won the league) may be heading for administration (I think I read that on BBC's website but I could be wrong).

Really Europe can be a huge windfall (even UEFA Cup) -- I've been able to get Irish Clubs into group stages in Europe and it saved the club on many an occasion when we were deep in the red. Still even with that odd things happen. 3rd or 4th season at Bohemians were almost £1m in the red and the club went to part time players. Fortunately we had a decent run in Europe and made some money that year and were able to back to full time squad (this was on FM07 iirc).

It is realistic and can add a challenging dimension to your save but it can be frustrating at the same time.

if you keep the overall amount of debt the club is in respectable there really should be no problems from the board.

What is considered a respectable amount of debt? I think the debt they were in at the end of last season was about 1/3 of what they were worth. (140k club, 50k in the red.)

Mike

i'm brantwood in the 2nd div in N.Ireland and are £166k in the red over the last 4 seasons am over £1000 be;ow the wage budget this season and are loosing around 1k per month compare to 4-6k from the previous seasons have only signed free transfers but have really enjoyed the game thus far finishing 8th every season so far lol

I supprt Kildare County in Irish league :D

Add user,become Chelsea buy one of your players for 50 million then quit Chelsea and your loaded ha or else just join a team and buy a player for around 300k just to get you out but not really cheat...

it is cheating lol but it's an option if he wants to take it

I supprt Kildare County in Irish league :D

Add user,become Chelsea buy one of your players for 50 million then quit Chelsea and your loaded ha or else just join a team and buy a player for around 300k just to get you out but not really cheat...

Thats hilarious. I never thought of that. Not that I would do it, but its a funny concept.:D

Thanks for the reply's guys, much appreciated?

Has anyone ever taken control of Moyola Park, N.Irish second league. Is there room to grow? I don't know much about the Northern Irish leagues.

Any tips on good free transfer players to try and get?

Archived