Serious Help Needed - Cannot Load Save Game

Just downloaded the new patch of the stream, went to bed and woke up today ready to play on with my saved game - Aston Villa 2012/2013 season, EPL Champions, only conceded 4 goals in 14 this season....

Clicked my game and 'Current saved game could not be loaded'.... GUTTED!!!!!

Tried restarting and got the same thing.

Any ideas on whats going on guys??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Sorry, mate. When that's happened to me, its been terminal, due to a corrupt save file. I've had to go back to a previous version of the same save-game.

You do use "Rolling Auto-Save", right, so you have some backup copies of your save game?

If so, try loading one of the backup copies.

If not, I'd say, copy off that save game. You may be able to uninstall patch 9.2.0; the save-game may load successfully with the 9.1.0 patch.

- If it won't load with 9.1.0, then you're going to have to give up on it; that will prove "corrupt save file".

- If it loads with 9.1.0, I'd try playing one Continue, then saving, and seeing if you can upgrade to 9.2.0 and load it.

- - If it then loads with 9.2.0, you're golden.

- - If it still won't load with 9.2.0, you may have to choose between 9.2.0 and your existing save-game; I can't say why. SI might be interested in a copy of the save-game; see the Bugs forum for instructions on reporting and uploading.

Archived