Is there any way to reduce Aggression?

Basically, I have a 17 year old defender for Farsley Celtic in the BSP in my first 11 most weeks and looks a real talent. The problem is that he constantly gets booked. He's played 13 games so far and got 9 yellow cards. He has high Determination and high Work Rate, but also 19 for Aggression. Is there any way I can reduce his stat, or do I just have to let him mature?

I'm guessing that maybe he has high 'dirtiness' and 'temperement', both hidden attributes, none of which will change throughout the game, I believe. I'm not sure whether temperement has an influence on the field, but dirtiness certain will. I didn't actually know that a high aggression would lead to a high number of bookings. I don't see how you can reduce the attribute either.

Reduce his aggression by changing his training schedule.

Aggression is not covered in any of the training categories, so you won't change it this way. There are a few attributes (influence, bravery, determination are the other non-hidden ones) that are treated as 'preferences' and aren't necessarily linked with Current Abililty like the other attributes, and these don't change with training.

I'm still not entirely clear about what tutoring achieves, but it might possibly work to have him being tutored by someone with lower aggression than him. Otherwise, you're stuck with it.

i had the same problem with radoi after i signed him he got sent off twice in 2 matches and the way i cured the rpoblem was to go into the player interaction and i clicked on the option which asked him to try to stay on his feet when tackling opponents hope this helps

All of the other first team centre backs at the club are 20 or above, with one at 29. I should really be able to tutor him but for some reason I can't.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but from my experience, first team players often can't be tutored, no matter what their age is.

Archived