Keep losing the OI I'm setting

I'm getting a little annoyed now. I spend time at the start of each game setting Opposition Instructions. Intermittently they will be lost for most of the team.

I set them, check them 10 minutes in, everything is still set. Change my formation, and then only one or two of the OI are still set. I'd expect this to be a all or nothing setting. To confuse matters, this does not happen all the time, but the vast majority.

Any changes you make during a game will not be remembered for the next game, if you want to keep them then do them before the game and it will be the same every game. I think thats what you meant.

I think he meant what he actually wrote, that when he changes his formation while playing a match, almost (but not all, and that's what he thinks is really weird) all of his OI's are lost.

A have a problem where it sometimes assigns OI's to players that I didn't ask for (like I tell my team to always close down the opp. GK, but their DC also gets the instruction).

Whilst playing the match, any time I change my formation, the OIs are all changed to "None", with the occasional exception of the player who happens to be highlighted when I open the OI screen (most commonly, the GK).

This has been this way since OIs were introduced in FM08, and I've always assumed it was a design choice by SI, assuming that if one were to chamge his tactics so drastically as to make a formation change, the OIs might well need to be changed as well.

I've always thought that design decision sukt roks, but I've lived with it.

I'm with you, SSGTroyer. I think the design decision is pretty poor.

My experience of it is, I usually play a 4-4-2 throughout a match. However, I have a number of different 4-4-2's saved, with different Team Instructions, Individual Instructions, and Set Piece Instructions; I tend to alternate between them frequently, as many as eight to ten times in a match for key matches.

Each time I load a tactic, the OI get forgotten.

That makes OI next to useless for me - not worth the time to input - literally to the point that I find myself picking one player that I want to utilize OI on (usually a "weak link" or a star threat) and setting OI only for him.

That's exactly what's happening, glad I now understand. Same with me, I have various 442 formations, and that's why I was confused when changing to another 442 and then noticed the majority of OI had reset and one had remained. The fact one had remained was driving me crazy.

Cheers guys ;)

Archived