Zola Arena

Originally posted by markrae1:

In season 2011/2012, I'm playing as Man Utd and noticed that I was playing against Chelsea at the 55,000 capacity Zola Arena - anyone else seen this?

Touch of class that they named it after a legend rather than 'The Colosseum' due to the Roman connection icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markrae1:

In season 2011/2012, I'm playing as Man Utd and noticed that I was playing against Chelsea at the 55,000 capacity Zola Arena - anyone else seen this?

Touch of class that they named it after a legend rather than 'The Colosseum' due to the Roman connection icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touche.

I find it highly unlikely that as Chelsea, they will ever play away from Stamford Bridge. Due to their agreement, if they leave Stamford Bridge they can no longer go by the name of Chelsea FC.

I heard they might be moving into the Olympic Stadium after the 2012 Olympics though.

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I find it highly unlikely that as Chelsea, they will ever play away from Stamford Bridge. Due to their agreement, if they leave Stamford Bridge they can no longer go by the name of Chelsea FC.

I heard they might be moving into the Olympic Stadium after the 2012 Olympics though.

source? for both. not doubting you just would like to read it icon14.gif

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Pitch_Owners

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Stadium_(London)#Post-Olympics

Well, there you go. ^_^

thanks for that.

surely Abrom would be able to buy the name rights back though if they did move, or he could just rename them either or.

plus why not just make it a permanent 80,000 seater, it would solve chelseas problem, who will just go ahead and build one somewhere anyway, which would take up more room in london.

i really dont see the point in keeping a cr*ppy little 25,000 seater stadium.

However surely if Chelsea moved to a bigger better stadium the fans would not mind and would not want to see there club lose its name over a new stadium and as such would sell the rights back.

Originally posted by viperk1:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Pitch_Owners

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Stadium_(London)#Post-Olympics

Well, there you go. ^_^

They will not be playing at the olympic stadium, as the capacity will be reduced to 25,000. One of the problems with Wikipedia is that unfounded speculation in the press becomes gospel very quickly.

I don't really like having a new stadium named after a former player ( Rehaggel Park in my case at Bremen ). I liked our Weserstadion icon_frown.gif

I guess it is better than having it named after a sponsor though like most German stadia - even worse they seem to be named with a lower case letter to start the name. If I had to manage at Kitkat Crescent I think I'd just die of embarrassment!

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

As long as Chelsea win or come close to winning things I don't think their fans will care what they're called!

And Arena, what kind of place in an "Arena"?

What's wrong with the word Arena, our home stadium is the Ricoh Arena in real life.

Being a great admirer of "classical British" stadia I hate these modern stadiums and the word "arena", which seems to come with them a lot!

I think stadiums should be named at the places they are at, e.g. The Goldstone was in the Goldstone area of Hove, or Highbury, or White Hart Lane.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

In my game all of the big 4 are in their original Stadia, although Liverpool have moved to New Anfield.

so not in thier originsl stadia then icon_wink.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said big four though icon_razz.gif

Archived