Youth intake quality

I have poor youth facilites (im managing Reddtich 2nd season) yet , ion my academy , I have about 2 potential decent players , 7 potential good players (inc 4 cm) and a 15 year old centre back , who is rated as 'one of the best players to come through the youth ranks'.

:)

I have poor youth facilites (im managing Reddtich 2nd season) yet , ion my academy , I have about 2 potential decent players , 7 potential good players (inc 4 cm) and a 15 year old centre back , who is rated as 'one of the best players to come through the youth ranks'.

:)

Yes but that's relative to the club :)

In 13 seasons, I haven't had one player come through my youth that has even remotely interested me. My youth facilities were terrible but still...

Shame really as I would have loved to have had a few players to...I don't want so say groom...erm...take with me through the leagues. That's better.

And yet at Leicester city in the 9.1 patch I made a point of investing in youth facilities and getting good youth coaches and had 3 premiership quality players come through in 4 years.

One of which became a Serbian international at 20 ..

So who knows. It definately seemed that youth intake was mean average up on quality over previous versions. So that if you weren't ambitious you could comfortably progress 5-6 academy players into the 1st team (at Championship level anyway) every couple of years.

I think this was mainly down to the new regen system though as they were all markedly better than 'youth' players trained up in previous versions.

• SI Staff

Club reputation, youth facilities, a possible academy and naturally luck all affect the quality of the youth intake of a club. On average, higher rep clubs naturally get better youth come in and vice versa but if you take a couple of similar clubs and compare their youth intake, then luck will play a bigger part.

When i managed Crawley they had a couple of good regens! When i played a game with Crawley on FM08 i found an 17 year old centre back called Jamie Stevens who was rated by my assisstant manager as already one of the best centre backs in the league and has the potential to be a good Championship player in the future!

When i managed Crawley they had a couple of good regens! When i played a game with Crawley on FM08 i found an 17 year old centre back called Jamie Stevens who was rated by my assisstant manager as already one of the best centre backs in the league and has the potential to be a good Championship player in the future!

nice i've had good plyers for my league but because i ned some money try to get offers but never recieve any

So, an assistant manager with high 'judging potential' no longer plays any part as the assistant manager doesn't pick out the youth players coming through the ranks?

I just remember this from FM 2005, where judging potential and working with youngsters (and I think determination played a part as well) were my main priorities for an assistant manager.

Archived