details on regen diversity?

Dorf

hey guys, i'm just curious if you know how the game generates players in the future seasons. i'm about to start a new game with the latest patch and before i do i want to know how to set up the database first.

so here are my questions:

are players generated only for the teams in the selected "playable leagues"? ->teams that are not in initial game selected leagues, can they 'create' any new players during the later seasons or not?

are players also generated in "non-playable leagues" and if they are is there any diference in numbers (eg: less players appear in non-playable league teams?)

if i start a new game and let's say i load all players from major european clubs using DDT files will there be players generated in the future for those teams although the teams aren't in any playable or non-playable leagues?

i'm curious because i don't want to play a long-term game and end up playing with just uk generated players for example, or in my case romanian and uk generated players because i also play the romanian league.

i've also heard that for example having french league selected in the initial game database there are a lot of regens from the african countries because let's admit that it's like that in real life, while having spain selected could get also a few brazilian/argentinian players generated.

do any of you have any tips on how to balance this to keep the game with a decent performance and also a balanced variety of regen players after the curent ones retire?

i would really appreciate if any of you could tell me more about this as for me it's important when starting a long-term game :)

Well I have found that if you don't load additional nations you'll struggle to find non-playing staff. :(

I currently have 120 leagues active with about 50 playable and 5 or so on full detail.

I'll update you in a couple of seasons.

My 9.1 game only had 25 or so leagues with only 1 on full detail and we had no problem with regens - there were loads of Spanish, Dutch, French and English ones coming through by 2012.

are players generated only for the teams in the selected "playable leagues"? ->teams that are not in initial game selected leagues, can they 'create' any new players during the later seasons or not?

are players also generated in "non-playable leagues" and if they are is there any diference in numbers (eg: less players appear in non-playable league teams?)

Players can be created in all teams. Not sure about how the View-Only leagues work (If that's what you meant) as I don't use them. Leagues that aren't selected at all still generate players, but not as many. I guess it roughly corresponds to how many players are loaded from that nation. i.e Brazilian clubs would be producing quite a lot of players even if the league wasn't selected, since so many Brazilians play in Europe. And because there are quite a few good players from Brazil who are in there no matter which leagues are selected.

if i start a new game and let's say i load all players from major european clubs using DDT files will there be players generated in the future for those teams although the teams aren't in any playable or non-playable leagues?

Yes. I don't think they would be getting a full complement of players like the ones in selected leagues, but they will get some.

i've also heard that for example having french league selected in the initial game database there are a lot of regens from the african countries because let's admit that it's like that in real life, while having spain selected could get also a few brazilian/argentinian players generated.

Seems true enough fom my experience.

do any of you have any tips on how to balance this to keep the game with a decent performance and also a balanced variety of regen players after the curent ones retire?

i would really appreciate if any of you could tell me more about this as for me it's important when starting a long-term game :)

I usually manage in Italy, and so have all leagues from Italy selected. But I also usually have the top divisions from some other major countries loaded in full detail, so as to get that variety. Performance-wise you lose more speed by having, say, La Liga and the Premiership active than you would having just the PL + Championship, but you do get that extra variety. The reason I do this is fairly obvious; Those leagues will have the highest # of foreign players, so as to get that diversity. Russia can be good to have in that aspect as well actually. England, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Germany will get you a fairly diverse game, and won't slow you down too much if you just use the top divisions from the countries you don't intend to manage in.

I tend to stick to domestic players though. I like having a 100% Italian starting eleven in Italy and so on.

Using a Medium or larger DB probably helps a lot with this, making more players from non-selected leagues available.

thx, this is all useful to know. i think i'll add the top divisions from England, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Germany and Romania in full detail. i'll try to do a test first to see how it goes by going on holiday for half a season or so, to get an idea of performance drop-down.

I currently have 120 leagues active with about 50 playable and 5 or so on full detail.

My 9.1 game only had 25 or so leagues with only 1 on full detail and we had no problem with regens - there were loads of Spanish, Dutch, French and English ones coming through by 2012.

--------

How does your game work with so many leagues selected? and what specs do u have?

I run a small db with only England selected (down to the bottom) and I have no problems getting good regens. Two youngsters have made Bosnia and Hrez. into an international force because of their Pele-like attributes. Holland and Brazil are both full of world-class players and they each have two almost as good as Bosnia's pair. England are struggling for attackers but have the best defence around, France and Russia both have a world class player, and Uzbeikistan are qualifying for every tournament thanks to a regen who is probably the best Asain ever. Finland have come on dramatically, with Norway on their tale.

However, I find that with more leagues, you do getter a better long term game. I'd suggest loading Portugual as this increases the numbers of African and Brazilians as well as Portuguese players. Also load one of the Scandinavian leagues to help with them.

--------

How does your game work with so many leagues selected? and what specs do u have?

Fine so far ..

Game uses between 300 and 850 mb's of ram at any given time.

Processing results takes a while but I don't sit and watch it - I browse the net or chat on IRC etc. I play windowed mode and multitask ..

My budget gaming box:

2gb DDR 800

AMD x2 6000+ @ 3.11ghz

ATi HD 3850 256mb GDDR 3 (core: 750 mhz mem: 1024 mhz)

I want loads of regens from all over the world, not just from the 20 or so countries i selected as playable. So i use the DDT generator and select a couple of clubs per country so every country has at least some new regens every season. That's the best way to have diverse regens if you don't wanna select too many leagues as playable.

I want loads of regens from all over the world, not just from the 20 or so countries i selected as playable. So i use the DDT generator and select a couple of clubs per country so every country has at least some new regens every season. That's the best way to have diverse regens if you don't wanna select too many leagues as playable.

----

yes, but that was one of my initial questions actually, or what i wanted to ask anyway :D

if i use DDT's to load players from certain clubs or countries will they automatically generate more regens than they would normally do if not selected at all? because that would be an easy way to solve this diversity problem and keep the game more fun to play, but i haven't tested if it works, now i am running a test with 10 view only leagues with good diversity of players from different regions to see if i can spot any differences when regens are created. i'll keep u up to date.

but if u actually tested the DDT method of getting regens in the game let me know.

Yes, they would.

this is good to know. practically it means that in a good percentage it comes down to the initial database selected for the game. which means i should spend some time in the ddt generator to select some teams from different regions so that i don't have to load view-only leagues for no real reason.

i saw that by selecting view only leagues there isn't much change, or not too significant when it comes down to future players because it still has a lot to do with the initial database selected for the game.

here are some conclusions i got to after finishing a one season test.

I started a new game with a large database, 3 full detail playable leagues: top divisions in England, Romania and Spain

and with view-only leagues in: belgium, france, germany, holland, italy, norway, poland, portugal and russia

a

fter a season when the new youths came in the game here are the numbers:

1290 new players total

romania based 307 players totally generated - just 1 portuguese nationality the rest romanian

england 300 players generated - 1 scottish, 1 ghana, 1 n. ireland, 2 nigeria and 11 wales, the rest english

spain 159 - 1 argentina, 1 puerto rico and the rest spanish

other good numbers of nationalities were: france, italy, belgium, norway, ukraine all with pretty good numbers especially the first 2 of them (france and italy)

and 0 players generated in holland although the league was selected as view-only!!

The rest were from all parts of the world not too many players per nation, brazil had under 10, germany around 7 or 8, and so on, nothing really impressive.

I've also read on the DDT Generator thread that DDT files only get the players in the initial game and doesn't mean necessarily that players will generate more often at the teams loaded using DDT's, most likely they will just appear randomly like they did in the game i tested for a season. It could be more useful if you want to coach a nation because that nation must have at least 150 players if you want to be able to be the manager especially if it's a small country.

I run 32 leagues in 11 nations but I use DDT files to load up the top flight teams from Central America & USA, the large African and Asian nations and unselected European and South American nations. The regens in these nations appear to be quite consistant, in the major European countries (Norway, Denmark, Ukraine, Russia etc) each club gets 2 new players a season. In countries elsewhere it seems to be only a few of the clubs get their 2 new youth players a season while the rest get none.

I also find that even smaller nations that I don't use DDT files on seem to produce a few players each year. It is based partly on how many players from a particular nation are around at the start of the game, how many players from a particular region (not just the continent - so for example Eastern Europe, Balkans, West Africa) are active and also the regions your selcted leagues are in. So running the leagues from one particular nation will boost the amount of regens for the neighbouring countries in the region aswell, for example I started running Mexico and I now get more regens from Central America than I did before, I would think running Germany would give you more regens from Denmark and Poland, and so on.

Archived