Installation Problems

Whenever I try to install the game it won't go past the Installing saAuditMD.dll stage...It stops there for ages then askes me whether to browse to locate the file or to continue. Having paid £30 for the game this is quite frustrating and I would appreciate any help from anyone who might know what to do.

I've just noticed that whenever it stalls at the stage I mentioned, a screen saying 'Insert new media - Browse for FM2009?' comes up, as if the disc isn't inserted...I found a link to the DLL file in the link that the previous poster suggested (thanks) but I'm wary of downloading it if it isn't actually the problem, since what happens to me is not exactly as described in that thread (the particular message about the file doesn't come up, but it does stall at that stage everytime I install. Anyone at SI able to help?

And there is only 1 SI member online at the moment and their last activity was half an hour ago. At this time of night I doubt there would be many SI members online.

About your problem, I don't know if this will help at all but try downloading the latest version of directx.

And there is only 1 SI member online at the moment and their last activity was half an hour ago. At this time of night I doubt there would be many SI members online.

About your problem, I don't know if this will help at all but try downloading the latest version of directx.

There are now no SI staff members online, and at 1:50am it aint that suprising tbh

jod's post may be of some help, more help than I can give at this time of morning, but if it doesn't help, try posting this in the technical issues forum, located here. IIRC, there are SI members there, although not right now, who will know more about this type of problem

or if we can't get a solution here, it would be nice to at least be referred to somewhere where i can get an answer, since I can understand with so many posts here every day it's possible that no-one from SI has seen it. After so long without being able to play the game and no help from SI whatsoever, I would have brought the game back by now if I could find the receipt to be honest.

Hi everyone, I HAVE SOLVED IT!!!!!

this is my first post, i never usually post on forums, i just usually use them to find the answer, but i couldnt find the answer anywhere!!

Ive only just tried to install the game, about 30 mins ago, and i had the same problem, it say "Please insert new media" or something like that, and if you look on the install screen, it had stopped at, saAuditMD.dll.

So anyway, to solve it, download this file from SI, http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip , and then place it in the folder C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009. I know your probably thinking, well ive not installed anything, so i dont have that folder, but if youve got this far, then you do, cos even though it says please insert media, it has actually created the destination folder and stuff. Anyway, extract the file that you downloaded to here. Then restart your computer, and away you go. I am installing with steam. And when i tried to install after doing all this, it said something about a newer file, and to overwrite, i just clicked no, and it has all worked for me. Alls that happens is it wants to install that file to start steam i think, then its step by step through steam. Hope this helps someone, and also, i have never had to do this to install a game ive bought before!!!!! shame on SI, for releasing it in this shape, oh, also im on vista business 32bit, so it does work on vista.

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried all the suggestions in this topic but still no luck. I've now had the game for a month and not been able to play even one match, with absolutely no help from SI whatsoever. This is getting ridiculous.

The file meantioned above did you Unzip the file?

If you're still struggling, I'd recommend a look in the manual for the Customer Services details. If you'd prefer not to phone, in the "known issues" thread in this forum is a link to our online Customer Services. If you login there with the same details as you use for this forum, and then PM me your ticket number and a contact number, I can arrange for someone to call you and discuss your issue.

The known resolution for this was also posted above, but that may not work if your machine is under spec, for example - without a little more detail it's tough to tell.

Cheers

Matt

Archived