PC speed issue - Pls help!!!!

Hi everyone,

Ive only just bought FM 2009, my pc is a reasonably new pentium 4

Last week I upgraded the Ram from 512k to 2.5 however the game run awful and incredibily slow,

My hard disk has also got plenty of free space and im only running 3 leagues.

What can i do to improve FM09 speed? PLS HELP !!

Cheers

try closing down emule which will slow it down as i run fm09 on a 2.4ghz machine with 1.5ram and i run 9 leagues with 13 divisions and it is fine.hope you can cure your problem

I wish it was only e-mule....

I think its something to do with settings perhaps and really dont know what to do... Cant see just stopping some other programs to have some big improvments

Antivirus programmes sometimes treat FM's temp files, which modify a lot during a session of FM, as something suspicious. Perhaps try turning off the antivirus for a few minutes just to check that angle out?

Make sure you're not doing anything accessing the hard drive. This includes listening to music while playing. Graphics card is another issue if you're complaining about the 3D match engine being slow.

From what I understand this year its prob. a good idea to have a multi-core processor to run the game. They've been out on the consumer market for ~5 yrs now and the prices have dropped to the point where they're affordable and common place.

Archived