My text is still white an i followed instructions.....HELP! PLEASE!!! SUGGESTIONS

The cache folder is just a normal folder called cache. It is in the location C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009.

You will need to have hidden files visible. Do this by going to options and enabling them.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

In the window where you are looking at the folders, click on tools on the menubar. Then click on folder options. Next on the window that appears, click on the view tab at the top. now one of the options you should see is "Show hidden files and folders" so click that. Then click apply and ok. Now you should be able to see the application data folder like I said above. Let me know how you get on. :)

1. Go to the screen you want to show

2. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

3. Open Paint, or a similar program

4. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

5. Save the file as a JPEG

6. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

7. Post the Direct URL in this thread

Hope you get that :)

EDIT: jod beat me to it, not for the 1st time either :p

That was because mine was mostly a copy and paste job while you typed. :D

thankyou for your help.....my brain is not big enough or bothered enough to do this....i guess i'll just have to play with steklo skin....thankyou for your time...sorry

cheers

It is not that hard. ;)

Are you sure you enabled hidden files and folders like I said here:

In the window where you are looking at the folders, click on tools on the menubar. Then click on folder options. Next on the window that appears, click on the view tab at the top. now one of the options you should see is "Show hidden files and folders" so click that. Then click apply and ok. Now you should be able to see the application data folder like I said above. Let me know how you get on. :)

Also have you XP or Vista?

That was because mine was mostly a copy and paste job while you typed. :D

You got all the stuff you need to help people open in a txt file so you can beat other people to it? :p

It is not that hard. ;)

jod is right, his instructions were very clear (clearer than what I typed ;)) Following them should get you help fairly swiftly

You got all the stuff you need to help people open in a txt file so you can beat other people to it? :p

jod is right, his instructions were very clear (clearer than what I typed ;)) Following them should get you help fairly swiftly

Close. :D Incase he asked how to post a screenshot, I had the GPTG FAQ open and was ready. :p

Hi i'm having trouble with this too - can find the file and delete but every time i start fm it gets recreated even if i have "always reload skin on..." ticked and the "Skin Cached" option unticked.

I now hate the colour white

It should be a folder that you are deleting.

It should be a folder that you are deleting.

OK so my choices in the Fm file are cache, logs, settings and temporary

within cache are two files - radial_ads and english.I'm not sure which I'm supposed to delete - both of these or the whole cache file. Have tried both.

patch faqs thread says "And delete the 'cache' folders within those."

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

You delete the cache folder itself, then you have to load the game and go into: Preferences -> Display and Sound and tick the box that says "Always reload skin on confirmation" then click "Confirm"

The reason it says "those" in the issues thread is because of the 2 different links for XP and Vista

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got this same problem. I've deleted the cache folder and have the appropriate options ticked in preferences, but every time I start up the game it keeps giving me white text. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Update: solved the problem. Seems deleting the cache folder is not enough. The skins folder (in Windows XP) in C:\Documents and Settings\Anton Derkach\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 (or C:\Documents and Settings\Anton Derkach\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009) also needs to be deleted. Everyone who has the problem with white text should try doing this. Delete the cache folder and then delete the skins folder from the directory I posted above, then reload the game.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shinyglasses
I've also got this same problem. I've deleted the cache folder and have the appropriate options ticked in preferences, but every time I start up the game it keeps giving me white text. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Update: solved the problem. Seems deleting the cache folder is not enough. The skins folder (in Windows XP) in C:\Documents and Settings\Anton Derkach\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 (or C:\Documents and Settings\Anton Derkach\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009) also needs to be deleted. Everyone who has the problem with white text should try doing this. Delete the cache folder and then delete the skins folder from the directory I posted above, then reload the game.

That worked a treat. Greatstuff. Cheers!!

Archived