It's Just not Fun!

It's just not fun! It really isn't! FM08 was fun. FM09 isn't. There is no consistency with teams, tactics & performance. I may be wrong, but it seems there is one formation/set-up that will work all others are destined to fail, and it is down to pure guesswork as to what to change/alter. With the predecessors you felt like you were working towards a winning formula, here it's a finger in the air situation. I just don't understand why I'm not 'getting' this FM like it's predecessors. Granted SI seem to have become bloated & lazy, with all the screw ups upon release, which never helps when trying to settle into a new game, but I don't know where the enjoyment has gone???

I may be venting as my Carmarthen team has just been walloped by Bangor City, but...

I think this is the most 'fun' FM since 07 (skipped 08). I do believe its far more time consuming (I watch matches on Extended Highlights now - oh the time consumption...) but once you get into your stride with a decent tactic you will find a few wins which will change your mind. Nobody ever says they love FM if they are not winning.

First savegame I took QPR to the top of the Championship and auto-promotion to Prem. Second save (the one I'm on now) I finished second with Newcastle, behind the mighty-tactic-crushing Arsenal (who went unbeaten I might add).

Calling SI lazy just shows how annoyed you are, which I can understand if you havent 'sussed' the game yet. As has been mentioned previously, it really does come down to tactics now. Defending, as far as I'm concerned, doesnt work too well in FM, it invites too much attention from the opposition. I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing (focus on tactics) but once you 'get it' you'll love FM again...

SI could provide more help with tactics and I think its improved with 09 (Ass Man feedback which is great) but I can understand your frustrations. Read the fantastic thread in the tactics forum and see if you cannot get something from that...

What isnt funny is the amount of people who like to whine and moan about their game on the forums recently.

But, gonna be more constructive, so here we go:

Look at the Tactics Forum, see what you can find about your tactics, the "guesswork" will disappear maybe you'll understand the tactics more.The tactics are very different between FM08 and Fm09, in FM09 you need to adapt your tactics to every game etc etc

SI arent lazy, they've just released another patch, why keep moaning and groaning on the forums, what are you expecting?

Archived