Whats "threading"?

This option is only available if your PC possesses threading capabilities.

Threading makes one single processor behave like two logical processors.

When enabled, this allows the processor to execute multiple threads

simultaneously, which will produce a significant performance improvement

actually its a CPU because it's pentium 4 not duo core

The PC is not new, probably about 3 years old. So what does Hyper Threading mean then in this case if it's not duo core?

Just read on tech-faqs.com: Hyper-Threading technology is a technique which enables a single CPU to act like multiple CPU's.

So does this mean that I should leave the Threading option on?

Keep it ticked! Simply put, imagine a single carriageway (thread) road, it can hold so many cars. Too many cars leads to traffic and slow speeds. Now imagine a dual carriageway, it can hold more cars, twice the amount. You can have more cars and most likely faster speeds as there are two seperate roads to travel on. Threading enabled allows the game to function correctly for dual core processors (dual carriageway roads) meaning the seasons will fly by like never before.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but not everybody understands computer programming or hardware architecture. LOL!

Keep it ticked! Simply put, imagine a single carriageway (thread) road, it can hold so many cars. Too many cars leads to traffic and slow speeds. Now imagine a dual carriageway, it can hold more cars, twice the amount. You can have more cars and most likely faster speeds as there are two seperate roads to travel on. Threading enabled allows the game to function correctly for dual core processors (dual carriageway roads) meaning the seasons will fly by like never before.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but not everybody understands computer programming or hardware architecture. LOL!

Now I understand that,, cheers...So If you had a duel carrageway but one lane was closed off (unticked). so if you have it ticked the duel (both roads open) :))

No, I didn't take offence, ta

Why are people recommending unchecking it in other threads? Is this just a problem fix for certain users, or is it better for everyone with Dual core systems?

I have mine checked as I assumed it would use the full capabilities of the dual core and therefore be faster, but if its quicker unchecked, I'd obviously prefer that.

Archived