EPL Work Permit Problems - frustrated!!

right, to cut a long story short i'm in 2011 just taken Portsmouth job in Championship, manage to steer them into Prem via playoffs. as i'm scouring for new/better talent i manage to land Schalke right-back Rafinha, i'm thinking, what a f***king signing, anyways... i apply for Work Permit, it comes back rejected, so i appeal, then it comes back Rafinha granted conditional British WP. however he is ineligible to play friendlies or league games, same thing happened with Julio Manzur, paraguay CB with 40+ caps, played more than 75% of games in last 2 years and PAraguay in top 75! i'm well annoyed cos Rafinha is on 50k a week and i cant use him, or sell him!! is this a fault??????

any advice???

nah you can sometimes sign a player but he will have no workpermit, the purpose of it is you can send them out on loan ala carlos vela at arsenal

i know that rule, because when i tried to sign another player it says they have been refused a permit after appeal, and the player must go on loan to feeder club in belgium, but Rafinha and Manzur GOT work permits and still cant play. so annoyed!!!

Did you patch?And could an SI worker say if this has been fixed because Id be annoyed if this happened to me?

I am about to patch but cant see it making a difference! i tried offering new contracts, Manzur accepted new one but work permit refused, so i have had to send both to Zulte Waregem on loan, whilst paying about 60k in wages between them!! i'd like a response from SI too, because the WP situation is daft anyway! not realistic

Archived