Stem Problem

bcm

I am trying to download the patch via steam. Once I start steam, it says "updating steam platform" and it takes a while and the progress says 28% then after like 10 mins it goes up to 30% and then it shuts down. Anybody having the same problem?

Also, can apply the patch another way? Thank you in advance.

why use steam anyway????

dont you guys know what happened with EA....

after buying a game from them thay turned around & said that thay would only hold onto your game for 3years & then you would need to pay £5. for them to hold it on there server for another 3 years?

dose a box version take up that much room in your house lol.

plus game companys only want you to download games so that thay dsont need to pay diskmakers anymore.

It sounds like it's updating a newer version of its software. Nothing to do with FM.

This would an issue you have to take with Steam, not with SI.

SI told us how great Steam was and how fast their download, so it has to do with SI.

Steam should automatically update the game. If it does not you can probably apply the patch in the normal way as well.

I can't. SI says DON'T apply normal patch on Steam FM and it would make the game stop working.

SI told us how great Steam was and how fast their download, so it has to do with SI.

It hasn't as it is Steam updating itself. If I have the opinion that Steam is good (which I am not saying I do as I don't use it) like SI might, it does not mean that it has to do with me. :rolleyes:

And there are other options as well as steam. I also said above that you don't to have steam running when playing the game anyway and I would be pretty sure that you can install the patch manually if you like even if you activated through steam or bought the game through steam.

why use steam anyway????

after buying a game from them thay turned around & said that thay would only hold onto your game for 3years & then you would need to pay £5. for them to hold it on there server for another 3 years?

dose a box version take up that much room in your house lol.

plus game companys only want you to download games so that thay dsont need to pay diskmakers anymore.

I always buy games through Gamers Gate and I never had a problem. I didn't know Steam was so F***ked up.

It hasn't as it is Steam updating itself. If I have the opinion that Steam is good (which I am not saying I do as I don't use it) like SI might, it does not mean that it has to do with me. :rolleyes:

And there are other options as well as steam. I also said above that you don't to have steam running when playing the game anyway and I would be pretty sure that you can install the patch manually if you like even if you activated through steam or bought the game through steam.

I can't. SI says DON'T apply normal patch on Steam FM and it would make the game stop working.

why use steam anyway????

Uhm, no.

When you buy a game through Steam, you download the game. It's in your computer. You can unregister and uninstall Steam afterwards if you wish and still be able to play whatever games you got through Steam (unless you're playing online Valve games like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead).

If you're having a technical issue with Steam, you have to get in contact with Steam. SI can't help you out, anymore than they can help you out if you have a problem with a retail store on the street.

Archived