My laptop keeps shutting down on me while playing football manager..

Yeah every time I play a game my laptop runs for about 10 mins and then shuts off completley. It's about 2 years old and a dell inspiron 1501, the fan has been recently cleaned (which is supposed to cure overheating problems) and it used to run football manager 08 fine but recently has started doing this on every game I play.

Is there anyway to stop this? Or is this just my laptop getting old and will never be the same?

Thanks

Yeah every time I play a game my laptop runs for about 10 mins and then shuts off completley. It's about 2 years old and a dell inspiron 1501, the fan has been recently cleaned (which is supposed to cure overheating problems) and it used to run football manager 08 fine but recently has started doing this on every game I play.

Is there anyway to stop this? Or is this just my laptop getting old and will never be the same?

Thanks

It sounds like your laptop is overheating, what is the temp when you are playing fm 09

Overheating is a big problem on the Dell laptops. Buy some compressed air from your local computer store and spray the fan openings, they are probably dusty and its the dust settling on the temperature sensor that is causing your computer to close. When you use your laptop try to keep as much clearance as possible between the fan opening and the surface your on.

• 3 months later...

Get an external fan for it. It's a base the laptop sits on and they usually have a fan that blows up and cools the bottom and another fan that blows down and takes heat away. I had that problem and got one, haven't experienced it since. It was pretty cheap about 35 US dollars from amazon...the brand I got is Antec but I'm sure there are lots of them out there. It keeps the laptop super cool while playing FM.

Archived