Patch 9.2.0 Known issues & FAQ

Hi All.

The aim of this thread is to try and keep you up to date with the most frequently asked questions and issues surrounding the release of the 9.2.0 Patch. I will be adding to this when I have information for any other issues that need covering.

If you have a question and it's not answered here please refer to this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82291

Now, onto the FAQ.

Technical Issues

Q - I have Steam, how do I download the patch!?

A - Steam will automatically donwload the patch and apply it to your game. There is no need to do anything extra to get this to happen just make sure Steam is running next time you start up your game.

Q - I have Steam but I don't know if it's updated can I use the full patch?

A - Please do NOT do this. There is a risk you could stop your game from working. Be patient with the Steam update and make sure you restart your game with Steam running and make sure 'auto update' is working and that Steam is not in 'offline' mode.

Q - I got a file from the links but it's not working.

A - It could be that you've downloaded a Torrent file. You need to use this file in conjunction with a torrent downloader such as "BitTorrent" in order to get the full patch.

Q - How do I know if I have a torrent file rather than the patch?

A - A Torrent file will have a file extention of .torrent. It will also be a very small size (35kb or similar).

The actual patch will be an .exe file and should also be 219mb (PC) or 143mb (Mac) in size on your hard drive.

Q - Can I download 9.2.0 without downloading 9.1.0?

A - Yes. All changes from 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 will be included when you apply the 9.2.0 patch to the 9.0.0 (boxed) version of the game.

Q - Steam does not seem to be updating my game?

A - In some instances users have made this work by turning off Auto Updating within Steam and then Turning it back on.

Q - I have installed 9.2 for Mac but it is still displaying 9.1. How can I get it to 9.2?

A - The patch installer may have installed the 9.2 data into the 9.1 update folder. When running the 9.2 patch installer set the path to install to the FM09 folder, as opposed to the FM09/Data/Updates/910 folder.

Gameplay Issues

Q - Is the patch going to work with my save game?

A - Yes. The patch is fully compatible with saved games from 9.0.0 and 9.1.0, however you will NOT see any database updates unless you start a new game.

Q - The game seems slower now?

A - Please turn threading off in your 'preferences' menu. This is located on the left hand side of the first preferences menu screen.

Other Known Bugs

Full Screen 'Freezing' Issue

We are still working on improving this issue for Patch 3. Some hardware may have already benefited from some of the changes we've done in Patch 2, but we are aware there are still some users affected by this problem. If you are still experiencing the game locking up when playing in full screen mode, please play in Windowed Mode.

My text is white

Please try clearing you cache files (ensure the game is NOT running when you do this).

To do this go:

XP Users: c:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Vista Users: c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

And delete the 'cache' folders within those.

Now run the game again, go into:

Preferences -> Display and Sound

And tick the box that says "Always reload skin on confirmation" then click "Confirm".

Q - How do I delete my cache files?

A - This has changed slightly from Football Manager 2008. For Football Manager 2009 please use the following instructions:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

DO NOT Delete the folder called "Football Manager 2009 Certificate" as it will cause problems with your game.

Archived