Services

Does FM09 rely on any services? I disabled a few services which were running unnecessarily and now FM09 has decided my trial period has expired and when I re-enter my key it doesn't work.

I'm having a problem as described here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2318659

I've followed the advice found on SIbase here: http://web.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=228

However when trying to use launcher.exe I get the error "Activation failed with error: -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

I have checked my key 3 times with: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I still get the same issue.

No offence but if you have no idea (or no knowledge) of these thing within Windows, why on earth would you disable them, even without remembering which ones.

Did you try the stick on top:

USERS WITH TECHNICAL ISSUES PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC FIRST

I disabled loads, knowing exactly what they all do, its just I cant remember what they all were. :) There aren't any that should affect fm at all, unless it has some sort of dependence on a service which is unknown to me.

No offence but if you have no idea (or no knowledge) of these thing within Windows, why on earth would you disable them, even without remembering which ones.

Like I said, try enabling them all and try again.
I cant remember which ones I changed. :)

I didn't set any of them to Disabled, I set them to Manual, so if the application requires them it should be able to start them.

Its very annoying.

If you've done something and something no longer works you have two courses of action:

1) Undo what you did

2) Re-install

1) As I said I cant remember what I have changed.

2) I cant be arsed with that as im getting a new laptop Monday anyway.

Its the dogs look here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06b/321957-321957-64295-3329741-3329741-3355679-3731886.html

:D

If you've done something and something no longer works you have two courses of action:

1) Undo what you did

2) Re-install

What a completely and utterly pointless thread then. I'm so glad I spent time trying to help.
Yeah but id like to play FM over the weekend. :(

if your not willing to do anything people suggest, whats the point posting in here asking for help.

try using a system restore point from before you changed the services, this should put things back to how they were

if your not willing to do anything people suggest, whats the point posting in here asking for help.

try using a system restore point from before you changed the services, this should put things back to how they were

i dont use system restore, its appalling.

All people have said is turn the services back on, but I cant if i don't know what they were can I.

What a completely and utterly pointless thread then. I'm so glad I spent time trying to help.

Look people are trying to help you here, if don't want help, don't start a new tread asking for help

If you get a new laptop anyway on Monday, why the heck did you disable some items in the first place.

As far as I know setting serviced to manual doesn't they are started when a application needs them, but you (the user) have to start them manuals iirc.

i dont use system restore, its appalling.

All people have said is turn the services back on, but I cant if i don't know what they were can I.

your just being a complete idiot, if youve messed up the services the only way to get them working a gain is to

1. reinstall the game

or

2. enable them again

or

3. use system restore (its not appalling, its great if you change a setting and mess things up)

if your not willing to take any advice, stop posting pointless threads and do something useful

Archived