Im worried about what to do when i get the game!

Im likely to be getting fm 09 for Christmas. However, i am confused on what i can do. I have heard of this thing called steam. I understand that it needs to be downloaded when you install the game and that you must have the internet on at all times when you play fm afterwards. Is this true. Does this mean i cant put it on my computer and laptop?

In addtion, can anyone tell me if the game is as slow as it was in the demo?

Finally, why is patch 9.0.2 already being plannned when 9.0.1 came out relatively recently?

I have been away for a few months and am very confused and need clarification, thank you!

You dont need steam if your getting the disk. Forget all youve heard about problems installing the game, I didnt have any problem, though thousands did!

Get the disk, put it in your computer and let it install, any problems you encounter can be found on the sticky at the top of the forum. You shouldnt have to have the internet running after you install the game.

Im pretty sure you can have it on your computer and laptop.

There will be a code on the back of the manual at the bottom. You will be directed to Uniloc website which will require you to insert this code and it will do its business.

Patch 9.0.2 is being planned because there were a few bugs which definetely required fixing, why it was required so soon after the first patch is probably because patch 9.0.1 was out when the game became available to buy and download.

Dont believe all you read on these forums about problems people have encountered - Im not saying they are not telling the truth, just that some people may not know what they are doing. And also they may not happen to you.

Ok thank you for your reply this has made me feel more happier but, should i expect a slow game because the demo for me was insanely slow and i just cant play a whole season that slow let alone a carrerr, !

Dont start a new game just yet

1. Install FM09

2. You'll need patch 9.1.0 - do a search for FM09 Patch 9.1.0. Once downloaded double click and it will auto install

3. Patch 9.2.0 should hopefully be out today or this weekend so do same as above

Archived