player cant play

Hi

I am managing Aston Villa after offered the job from Arsenal : got bored of Arsenal

I sign this striker who is 19 . when I try and play him it says

" Daniel Sanz is inelgible for this match as he has already played competitive

games for 2 teams during the peroid from 1st JULY 2012 TO 30TH jUNE 2013

When can he play again

I am currently in 23rd Feb 2013 he signed in January

Thanks

A player can only play for two teams any given season.

EDIT: To make it clearer, he can only play for two teams he is registered with any given season. He can therefore be loaned out multiple times a season if he is still registered with the same club, but if two clubs have held his registration in the same season he can no longer be loaned out that season, afaik.

yep he'll be sittin in the reserves til next season. IRL daniel cousin was going to fulham last january and was asking fifa or whoever for special dispensation from the rule (as he'd played for rangers and *insert french team* already that season), DENIED

Was this also the case with Mascherano. Corinthians, Westham (even he barely played) and them to Liverpool all in one season, didn't the Fifa/Eufa/Fa make a exception for him or so?

No. This is because in Brazil is a different Season format.The Season is for example 2008 year and in Europe season happened in 2008/2009. So when Mascherano transfer to West Ham isnt considered, 2 differents clubs in one season.

No. This is because in Brazil is a different Season format.The Season is for example 2008 year and in Europe season happened in 2008/2009. So when Mascherano transfer to West Ham is considered, 1 club.

I knew that the seasons in Brazil and Europa are not parallel, but thanks for clearing that up :thup:

Was this also the case with Mascherano. Corinthians, Westham (even he barely played) and them to Liverpool all in one season, didn't the Fifa/Eufa/Fa make a exception for him or so?

That was a different situation. The problem was that the Brazilian end of the season was after the 1st of July, that is why he was breaching the rule. However they allowed him to play because technically he played for Corinthians the previous season prior joining West Ham. The rule is stating that a player can't play in the same season for three different teams.

Archived