Liverpool deducted points

Playing my fifth year in the game...I get a msg in my inbox saying that Liverpool was deducted 9 points for going into administration. Cool feauture but anybody has any idea wat that means??

It means that they have been financially mismanaged, causing them to go into administration, which means that a separate administration company has been called in to sell their assets to sort out their debt. The penalty for going into administration is 9 points in the Premier League and 10 points in the Football League.

On an aside to this has anyone seen if the penalties handed to Leeds, Rotherham, Luton and Bournemouth in recent seasons has happened? ie in debt multiple times so get harsher points deductions?

Oh wow ...hard to imagine Liverpool going broke though. Everything is all twisted in fm 09...Arsenal is the best team by far...they won 4 titles already and the last one with 30 points difference and chelsea finished 15th and Liverpool broke. Haha I wonder if that could ever be.

ive gone into admin before in fm08 as yeovil lost everything but the board kept me and i had a 10 point deduction and finished 2nd in the league with a bunch of low wage free transfers :p then i got fired after a season in the championship with no funds and in debt again *woops* and finsihing bottom with all of 8 wins in a season lol :):p

glad to hear they've kept it realistic. I'm a liverpool fan but cringe when I think about the ownership. man utd are in the same boat, and possibly Chelsea (abramovich's money is only an interest free loan). The game should then read that the owners were lynched by angry fans! It's what these parasites deserve

how on earth can one of the worlds largest clubs go into administration? i know the american owners came with some debt but not so the club would go into admin. unrealistic in my opinion.

Admittedly it's not quite the same, but when Leeds were Champions League semi finalists, I'm sure people would have said the same.

the main reasons are as said above - mismanagement of funds, owners, the current financial crisis is not helping clubs im sure, i mean who wants to spend 925 pounds on a arsenal season ticket, unless your super rich of course.

luckily huddersfield town thought of this and our season tickets only cost 100 quid

Playing my fifth year in the game...I get a msg in my inbox saying that Liverpool was deducted 9 points for going into administration. Cool feauture but anybody has any idea wat that means??

How did that happen? You spent millions on big name signings? Or spent on players that lost their value and were flops?

I remember a bug from a few FMs ago where the AI would sign players for a ridiculous amount of money, then go into administration the following day.

This happenned to Milan in one of my games, they bought Glen Johnson for £42m and the next day were in recievership lol. Check out the transfers in, see if it happenned.

Man Utd are arguabley a must more massive club than Liverpool but have debt coming out of their ears. The only reason they are not in administration is due to the merchendising etc that means the debt is reducing at a good rate. All it would take is for the Glazers to depart and Man Utd are up that stream without the paddle.

Man Utd are arguabley a must more massive club than Liverpool but have debt coming out of their ears. The only reason they are not in administration is due to the merchendising etc that means the debt is reducing at a good rate. All it would take is for the Glazers to depart and Man Utd are up that stream without the paddle.

not really, if the unthinkable ever happened and united ran out of monet they could just sell old trafford and that would cover all the clubs debts (saw somewhere that old trafford is worth about £500m), as long as united keep winning trothys and get decent tv money there shouldnt be any problems, there probably one of the best financially managed clubs in the world, they might have massive debts, but when you compare it to the money they make clubs like liverpool are in a worst position

How much debt has to be there for a team to go into administration? I am managing Watford in the Championship right now, they got taken over by an English businessman, he took away my transfer funds and cut my wage budget. Money is a huge problem right now at Watford in my game.

How much debt has to be there for a team to go into administration? I am managing Watford in the Championship right now, they got taken over by an English businessman, he took away my transfer funds and cut my wage budget. Money is a huge problem right now at Watford in my game.

its when the board feel that they cant keep the club going, itll be different for every team.

I think its more than possible for Liverpool to go bankrupt, all their current loans are due to be paid in January, and there's even been rumors of them having to sell off their assets (e.g. their players) in order to pay their debtors.

I doubt they will, but it shows what a fine line some of the top clubs are currently running, Man Utd have ridiculous amounts of debt, the whole buying out by the Glazers was done with a loan, someone above mentioned Chelsea are in a similar situation, Man City are fine and it's looking like staying that way. Arsenal are one of the few teams that are financially self sufficient, and although they are playing off stadium debts currently, when they are paid off they are due to be very financially stable in the future.

Theres a lot of talk about UEFA regulations changing so teams are self sufficient, not just funded by tycoons with endless pockets, absorbing all the debt. If it passes it could spell trouble for a lot of English clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not seen a Premier League docked points but I've seen a lot in the Championship:

2013/14 - Newcastle docked 10 points, still got promoted

2017/18 - Newcastle and Hull docked points, Newcastle relegated

2018/19 - Hull docked points, got relegated

2019/20 - Newcastle and Wigan docked points, Wigan relegated

2020/21 - Ipswich, Watford and West Ham docked points, Ipswich relegated

2021/22 - Watford docked points, got relegated

We'll probably see this in a few years anyways with the way that the country is going. Especially if what I have heard about Liverpool's finances is right. At one point there was talk of the owners having to pay back excessively large sums of money to the bank in a very short space of time and there was talk of the possibility of selling players. It's not unrealistic at all since it could become reality. Doesn't matter how big the club is, when the owner has placed stupid amounts of debt on your club you will struggle to pay it off. I don't know a single Liverpool fan who is happy with the financial mess that they board have placed n the club.

Wasn't there a report earlier in the real life season that said that about 80% of debt in English football is carried by the 'big 4'? Will try and find a link.....

Liverpool are in real trouble financially, as are Utd. I guess they could both expect to be snapped up by billionaires if they ever became available on the cheap though.

I've just taken over Liverpool in 2020, see FMS - (my plug ;)) when they have finally paid off their debts, they managed to stay out of administration although Hicks and Gillett left some time ago. Chelsea however, are in serious debt even with Abramovich still there? Strange.

Remember chelsea were only bought by abramovic because otherwise they would have gone bust within weeks. All it takes is for Putin to give Abramovic the same treatment as several other russian oligarchs (or a polonium salad) and chelsea would be in serious danger of going bust. With the current global financial crisis, the likes of Hicks and Gillet, Randy Lerner and The Glazers are going to start feeling the pinch. Utd are better placed due to their massive income and the increased value of OT, but as we've seen with their stadium plans, Liverpool need serious sustained success on the pitch to stay solvent as things stand. Its unlike either would go bankrupt due to them being such massive global brands which would be attractive to investors, but going into administration could happen as a precurser to a significant drop in share price.

The managers are under much more pressure to maintain success. Even Arsenal are feeling the pinch despite their sound financial model, and the weakness of the pound against the Euro is not going to help things....worrying times

In one of my game in fm08 man u went into admin and I got ronaldo for 20 mil, I was so happy at the time

£20m? I got him for £8m, once the recievers take over transfers just risk a low bid and they'll probably accept

I cleared United out of Berbatov, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Rooney for £21m and just missed out on Van Der Saar and Nani on free's (administrators had released them) because I'd buckled my wage limit :D

For clubs like Man City and Chelsea do the owners pump more money in on the game ? Or if im Man City and blow all my money in the 1st 2 seasons is that it? Do I just get money from what i make (tickets, merch, feeders etc). Seems silly Chelsea goin into admin with roman still at the club on the game.

Mr_Pink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im struggeling with swindon in my game and out of nothing some argentinian business man

comes along and byes the whole club, hehe.

And from being half a million in the reds i now have more than 16 mill in the bank.

Yihaa.

If you are really lucky your new owners will keep pumping money in to the club.

Archived