Criteria For Entering (English) League 2 from BSP?

I am in the fourth season with AFC Wimbledon, having recently been promoted to the BSP. About ten games in and I find myself about seventh, last few games have been terrible due to losing my star player to injury and he won't be back for four months :mad:

My question is, in the unlikely event I manage promotion, will I actually be promoted? It's just that I have noticed Burton Albion have won the BSP for the last three seasons and did not go up? What is the criteria for being allowed to go into League 2 and is there anything I can do to prevent my club from being blocked for whatever reason?

Your team will go professional as soon as you are promoted to League 2 no matter the state of your facilities, bank balance etc.

i hope you're right :) i'm in the same position with AFC wimbledon. Trying to take them to the Premier League but it would be horrible if i wasnt allowed into the League just because of the semi=pro status

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_National

"As of the start of the 2002-03 season, if a club achieves the automatic promotion or the play-off places but does not have an adequate stadium, their place will be re-allocated to the next highest placed club, that has the required facilities."

But is this in the game?

iirc it is like daemonic mentioned:

Your team will go professional as soon as you are promoted to League 2 no matter the state of your facilities, bank balance etc.

Archived