Football MAnager 2009 is hardest football manager/championship manager ever

I agree, it's that hardest one at the moment by quite some way, mainly because of a combination of bugs and un-intuitive tactics.

You shouldn't have to read a forum post to understand how to use the game. But if you're dead set on continuining with FM09, I would suggest downloading a tactic and looking at the Good Players forum for some inspirational players to help you on your winning way.

I agree, it's that hardest one at the moment by quite some way, mainly because of a combination of bugs and un-intuitive tactics.

You shouldn't have to read a forum post to understand how to use the game. But if you're dead set on continuining with FM09, I would suggest downloading a tactic and looking at the Good Players forum for some inspirational players to help you on your winning way.

Please could you elaborate by saying which bugs you think make the game harder? The match engine has bugs but its the same for the AI too in my experience.

Personally i found it quite hard at first but once you find a tactic that works for you it is so much more rewarding, knowing that you have come through the difficult and frustrating stages. I also find it more rewarding watching the match in 3d and the fact that you can play some very attractive football if your tactic is set up in that way. Personally i like this more than any other version-just a shame this is my final year of uni :(

It might look harder at first, but as you go further and further you'll find it becoming much easier... When I started with Forest I thought that this is going to be a hard long battle... Now, in my fifth season of the game and third in the Premiership after 14 matches I'm at the top of the table, 10 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses.

As for getting good players for little money - well, that's something I have mixed emotions about. Yes, it is great to have 5 wonderkids in my squad, who (all together) have cost me about 3 million pounds (the best of them - DL - I paid for him 16K....), but there is definitely too many 16-17 year old football geniuses with outstanding PA around.

But nevertheless - simply the best FM/CM game ever :)

i agree. its tough at the start - but stick with a tactic (dont crack and dump a tactic after 2/3 games), refine it constantly and bring in players to complement your tactics (i.e. dont put square-pegs in round holes).

Easy-peasy.

(Just to gloat...) - Premier League was won with Bolton in 1st season. Mata is a legend. Fuentes is a rock. Jussi saves lives.

Archived