Closing the gap.

Morning all.

I have been playing fm for years but I have only had a few days playing fm09 and the problem I have is my Assistant Manager is always saying "the gap is too big between def and mid" and "the gap is too big between mid and Att"

How do I solve this? I have been playing 4-1-4-1 Mainly.

Cheers:thup:

Usually means the mentality settings for your defence, midfield, and attack are too far apart leading to the players being too far apart on the pitch and passes between them being too easily intercepted, plus forwards being isolated most of the time.

Moving the mentality settings for each area of the team to with two of each other e.g. defence 6, fullbacks 8, midfield 10, wingers 12, strikers 14/16 etc. should clear it up.

Morning all.

I have been playing fm for years but I have only had a few days playing fm09 and the problem I have is my Assistant Manager is always saying "the gap is too big between def and mid" and "the gap is too big between mid and Att"

How do I solve this? I have been playing 4-1-4-1 Mainly.

Cheers:thup:

Actually its to do with mentality settings.

No more than 6 notches between your defenders and attackers. (lowest & highest)

I.E if GK/DC on mentality 8, the highest mentaility for your attackers should be 14. (you may get away with 15 but no more).

The formation is irrelevant.

Usually means the mentality settings for your defence, midfield, and attack are too far apart leading to the players being too far apart on the pitch and passes between them being too easily intercepted, plus forwards being isolated most of the time.

Moving the mentality settings for each area of the team to with two of each other e.g. defence 6, fullbacks 8, midfield 10, wingers 12, strikers 14/16 etc. should clear it up.

Sorry, do the numbers relate to how many clicks up the slider to take them?

Archived