New patch

I have installed my FM09(boxed version) via steam , does this mean that the new 9.0.2 patch will download automatically as soon as it is available for download ?

Also I am currently in a career game , so will not want to start a new game , will this affect the new features/updates that the 9.0.2 patch contains ?

I have installed my FM09(boxed version) via steam , does this mean that the new 9.0.2 patch will download automatically as soon as it is available for download ?

Also I am currently in a career game , so will not want to start a new game , will this affect the new features/updates that the 9.0.2 patch contains ?

You need to start a new game and yes it updates automatically.

If, and only if, the upcoming patch will include a data update you have to start a new game. For all bug fixes/improvement you don't have to restart the game. But normally SI advices to do so.

I believe patches have always worked on existing games, but that SI say that starting a new game will always maximise benefit.

I shouldn't think it would mess up a current game by any means.

thats correct. you can patch an existing game but some changes may take a while. No problem, and is a good idea with some folk having onvested a lot of time already

does that mean that if i continue with my save game that any game type bugs will be fixed automatically in my game, but that data issues will only be updated if i start a brand new game again?

thanks if anyone can allay my fears..

yep thats pretty much been the case in the past

• SI Staff

Not sure how things work on Steam but I think when there is an update available it will either download it automatically or ask you if you want to update. Maybe someone who is familiar with Steam can confirm or let you know if there are any settings you can change.

Also, you shouldn't need to create a new game. I'm still continuing my career game that I started with 9.0 with no problems.

Archived