Dataupdate with the new patch?

Neji I hate to whine I really do but I was just wondering is there any chance if the patch is going to be a few more days away or if it fails its last testing what the chances are of SI releasing a hotfix to solve the 24th July bug?

I now you maybe dont know but is there anyway to ask?is alittle fustrating waiting for this 1 thing.

Thanks mate.

Confirmation from Man United researcher:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2312791&postcount=682

Oh, and wasn't Miles just saying that the Arsenal edition will come with a custom database?

It uses the first patch code. And it's own database (some changes to Arsenal's favourite staff, which will be incorporated into patch 2).

Miles says that additions to the Arsenal database are incorporated into Patch 2 ... ?

I see, XXII.

So, Chris, for instance, we can assume that Allerdyce will be at Blackburn in the patch?

come on mate he just joined today!tbh is this the most important thing we need in the patch,I would say leave that stuff for the Febuary patch and get the more important things sorted and tested.

I actually hoped that a dataupdate wouldn't be included in this patch. I mean, I want to start a new game now, yeh, but the patch will probably be released early next week so it's a bit useless to start a new game right now. Then I'll probably start a new game again early february to play with the latest transfers etc..

Guess I'll just start a new game now with the few datachanges I've done myself (e.g. future transfers for Gabriel Zakuani, Huntelaar, Hildebrandt), and some stats tweakings. I mean, the "hardcore" changes will still be save-compatible, so.

Chris can I ask why SI never release hotfixes?

I mean the 24th July bug is a big problem so why doesnt that get sorted and released as a hotfix rather than wait for an out and out patch?

Edit-it is a game destroying bug so I would have thought a hotfix would have been in order as at least the player's that have it can still at the very least play the game.

To be honest I think I've said more than I'm really supposed to anyway and if there was a moderator around he'd have locked this by now ;)

I don't really know about the decision making behind patches over hotfixes. My personal opinion is that it would be a bit of a nightmare in the testing room to be constantly testing the functionality of what (I think) would really amount to mini-patches when there's plenty of other stuff that always needs testing.

Fair enough,though I still feel a hotfix for a game destroying bug should have been released as every game does this,also there are mods here but maybe they were waiting for an answer also,

Thanks at least for answering :)

Not sure on the "nightmare"part get the game working is the most important part so deal with that 1st and other testing takes a back seat.

Hehe well played :p

I am not having a go at you mate,I have beta tested alot of games and know what it is to be a good tester,for me though to hold back on bugs that are game destroying is nuts,ok some guy wants the latest managers in place..fair enough...or maybe more important(bug wise) players want the strikers to score more..again fair enough...but lets be honest ..A player cant play because of a bug? get that sorted ASAP and give the solution ASAP.

miles alert miles alert miles is ONLINE!!!!!

LOl yes he is,though for about an hour he answered in 1 topic and dodged the rest,I dont know why people get excited when he joins the forum as for the most part he reads and answer's to what he think suits him best.

I know talking about the patch is taboo, but I'm eager to start up a new game. Any news on a dataupdate along with the new patch?

There's no new news at the moment. When there is, I can assure you it'll be stickied at the top of this forum.

Archived