FM helping Real Managers!!

I just heard from a friend than another guy we now was managing a local team from around our area. Must of been a good few years back maybe FM 2005.

Well apparently he actually edited the game adding his whole team apparently as realistic as he could and he then used FM to help him with match tactics for his real games, clearly this is one of the most funny uses of FM i have ever heard of. Unfortunately i have not heard if it was successful but apparently he even went to the trouble of dishing out match ratings as FM would.

He is def not managing them anymore maybe this indicates it didnt work to well for him :( lol

but the funniest thing was he was giving his team a run out against United, Arsenal n all and thinkin this ment his team were able to take on the opposition on saturday

He is def not managing them anymore maybe this indicates it didnt work to well for him :( lol

I think thats your answer,he maybe took it all a bit too much to heart and had half the oppossing team being shown onto there "weaker foot" and "closing down"the other half of the team,the team he managed got so confussed they either lynched him or he got the sack.

"Mentality Slider - Two Right! Two Right!"

Lol bang on,manager took the player to 1 side and said "ok I have tried this out on FM09 and if you play to a 16 attacking with a slider on rarely to shot from distance we would be winning,now look I have played FM09 for 10 seasons and we are now in the CL so listen to me and let me take there"

Manager: "Why weren't you cutting inside?"

Winger: "But all you told me was not to cross, hit more through passes, told me I was on free role, and that I have creative freedom of 17. What the hell is that anyway?"

Manger: "Yes, exactly! That's called cutting inside you idiot! Can't you understand my instructions?!"

Winger: "Why didn't you just say 'I want you to cut inside'?"

Manager: "That's not how football works. It's all about overly intricate instructions, convoluted ideas, and ambiguous settings"

Winger: "Are you on drugs or something, that makes no sense"

Manager: "Why weren't you cutting inside?"

Winger: "But all you told me was not to cross, hit more through passes, told me I was on free role, and that I have creative freedom of 17. What the hell is that anyway?"

Manger: "Yes, exactly! That's called cutting inside you idiot! Can't you understand my instructions?!"

Winger: "Why didn't you just say 'I want you to cut inside'?"

Manager: "That's not how football works. It's all about overly intricate instructions, convoluted ideas, and ambiguous settings"

Winger: "Are you on drugs or something, that makes no sense"

And yet if - in FM - players kept doing things the manager didn't tell them to do you'd get people yelling on the forums about players cutting inside when they haven't received that instruction.

And in real life if a manager doesn't WANT a winger to cut inside and he keeps doing it he'll be annoyed - unless he curls in a beauty of course.

Player instructions is a major no-win situation for SI.

Does that mean that Moyes is cheating in football?

Since he used FM for scouting needs and probably will try to find good buys off the FM database. I'm fairly sure that other lower leagues managers IRL will secretly use FM/FM scouting tools to find players.

If he/others is not cheating by using a third party application from FM IRL,

Then would it be ok for FM players to use Scouting Tools for their game, and not be considered cheating?

Archived