What Shall I Do Next?

Basically i am manager of Reading (first season); played 43 games so far, won the league and on 109 points and scoring bucket-loads. The next match is against Man Utd in the FA Cup semi-final. I've seen my name be linked with a lot of european based jobs and part of me wants to go down that route as i normal stick to English clubs but then again will i enjoy the challenge of keeping Reading up in the Premier League? What do you guys reckon i should do?

I can honestly say i haven't re-loaded once. To be fair the only premier league teams i've faced in the cup is west ham away and spurs at home and i can guarantee i will get absolutely thrashed by united. Oh yeah, i also got knocked out of the league cup by liverpool in the 3rd round.

The lad speaks truth.

See it like this:

If you stay to try keep Reading up you will dissolve all of your "good manager buzz" and I'm sure the European job offers will cease, but you'll be in the Premiership and could prove to be an even better manager.

If you leave and don't find success you will have probably cheapened your stock but nonetheless have another footballing country as a possible job sector, or even more (Spain).

I'm at work, so i can't, I've got Leeds from League 1 to 8th in the premiership in consecutive seasons, but it's not all down to tactics, it's down to players and staff as well, I just can't see Reading been able to win the season, good tactics or not without reloading, it's just my opinion, but like I said, if he managed to do it, fair play to the lad.

I'm at work, so i can't, I've got Leeds from League 1 to 8th in the premiership in consecutive seasons, but it's not all down to tactics, it's down to players and staff as well, I just can't see Reading been able to win the season, good tactics or not without reloading, it's just my opinion, but like I said, if he managed to do it, fair play to the lad.

Reading are the best side in the Championship in the 1st season - why is it so unrealistic that he has done that well?

I cant see why it is so hard to see reading win the league,in my QPR save I finished 2nd to Reading they were pretty unstoppable in my game and beat me by I think 13 points.

On the demo I had Reading 3rd come the end. 2 points off the top... that was with no special tactics and half the team injured.

Oh, are we talking the championship here, or the premiership? lmao

Championship mate. He is in his 1st season still, with a few games left, but he has already won the Championship.

For what it is worth, if I was you I would stay with Reading and try to build them up to a really good Premiership side. Give yourself 5 years to start challenging for major trophy's. It can be done - just takes time. If you leave to go abroad I think you'll regret it as you will probably think you had unfinished business.

For what it is worth, if I was you I would stay with Reading and try to build them up to a really good Premiership side. Give yourself 5 years to start challenging for major trophy's. It can be done - just takes time. If you leave to go abroad I think you'll regret it as you will probably think you had unfinished business.

I agree, you have more satisfaction in getting lower teams into the top 5, and eventually into the CL, that is what i've found since FM08.

Sometimes i can spend 10 years with 1 team.

Ok lads, an update. Lost 3-0 against United although played some really good football, had loads of half chances but couldn't seem to stick them away. Im thinking of sticking with Reading for second season-realistically a Reading manager wouldn't leave to join Porto or Lazio as he'd never be given the opportunity. Plus with three extra players i reckon i can have a stab at the Premier League. As for Giarc Ronyag, it isnt particularly unrealistic for Reading to win the Championship with players such as Doyle, Hunt (x2) and Bikey (plus some other handy signings! pm me if you want to know). I was just impressed at the results and the fact that we won it by such a large margin playing such good football, thats all.

Archived