releasing players

hi one of the players in my reserve team that i never play and would never get a game in my team has just agreed to join another team in the summer because i didnt renew his contract.

i was wondering if you can release players if they are going to sign a contract with another club because the option doesnt seem to be there?

oh well thanks for the help guys. thought i saw a chance to save some money.

The game now calculates compensation properly, so releasing the player early wouldnt save any money. To save money on releasing a player, you have to try to get them to agree to a mutual termination.

just like in real live when a player agrees a contract with another club? the other club will sometimes pat some money to take the player there & then instead of waiting till the summer.

that would be a nice addition to the fm series.

just like in real live when a player agrees a contract with another club? the other club will sometimes pat some money to take the player there & then instead of waiting till the summer.

that would be a nice addition to the fm series.

I'm pretty certain that can't even happen in real life. A player's registration cannot be exchanged between transfer windows, making it against the rules for them to move to the new club; paying some money to take a player immediately during a transfer window is just signing them? :confused: Which happens in the game as players prices drop dramatically with 6 months left in contract so teams sometimes take them early if their owners are willing.

Archived