Exams on the way = Bit of a problem...

Right. For me and probably a good deal of others on here we are all approaching the Exam time... Be it GCSEs or A-Levels or whatever.

Already we are getting pressure to revise and work ahead of these.

The problem is simple - I've just set into a nice game in a SuperLeague I downloaded and to be fair it doesn't look like I'll be bored of it come May and June.

Who else has this problem then? And does anyone have any cures or past experiences ... icon_biggrin.gif

Right. For me and probably a good deal of others on here we are all approaching the Exam time... Be it GCSEs or A-Levels or whatever.

The problem is simple - I've just set into a nice game in a SuperLeague I downloaded and to be fair it doesn't look like I'll be bored of it come May and June.

Who else has this problem then? And does anyone have any cures or past experiences ... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who else has this problem then? And does anyone have any cures or past experiences ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concentrate on your exams. FM is after all, a game. Work out a timetable, and allow yourself a certain amount of time to play FM. Ten stick to it. Honestly, compared to exams, FM is not important.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Take your DVD and post it to yourself via second class if you genuinely lack the self control not to play. :-p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amusing and practical icon14.gif

This time last year I was playing a game I was thoroughly enjoying as Dinamo Moscow, and I was writing a story in FM Stories too. It was all going great, but my Masters dissertation was due in in the summer, and I'd done nothing. So I sacrificed the game. I've missed the magic of that game ever since. Something in that game just... clicked, with me.

Anyway, now that I'm no longer tax-dodging and in full-time work, although I don't get much playing time, I'm now able to enjoy a new game as Dinamo Moscow, and, amazingly, the early signs are that it's going to be just as great!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who else has this problem then? And does anyone have any cures or past experiences ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concentrate on your exams. FM is after all, a game. Work out a timetable, and allow yourself a certain amount of time to play FM. Ten stick to it. Honestly, compared to exams, FM is not important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should read...

Concentrate on FM. Exams are after all, a waste of time. Work out a timeable, and allow yourself a maximum of 5 minutes a day to revise. Then stick to it, that 5 mins of revision will be like a huge weight off your shoulders, knowing that you won't have to revise again until tomorrow. Honestly, compared to FM, exams aren't going to win you The Treble with Bognor Regis Town are they? icon_biggrin.gif

Well I spent most of my "revision time" playing FM... luckily, I did (just) scrape into my 1st choice uni... but I think if you can't make yourself prioritise for school exams, it's just going to get harder come uni, as there's so much less incentive to work hard... and nobody shouting at you if you don't go to class or do essays. they just take 5% a day of every ate cwrk essay, and you slowly crumble. It's all good.

Let me tell you a story: Way back when in the days of yesteryear there was a youngish boy named Pelle. He played CM all the time and didn't bother to do his homework or study. Then came the exams time and he failed a great deal of them. He never got to study at the university and he got a dead end job.

You would think that he is unhappy, but on the contrary, he is the happiest young man in the world, because he can use all of his time playing FM and doesn't have to think about getting ahead in life and attending courses and things like that.

So don't study for your exams and keep playing FM. Your life will be absolutely great. Because you don't need any ambition. Just FM.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Exams on the way = Bit of a problem... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem for me too - and my hapless university students. Professor FM, they (don't) call me ('cos they don't know my secret vice).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Keep playing mate, school grades aint worth **** in the real world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stupidest thing ive heard all day. Have a good crack at your exams and take comfort in the fact that fm will be waiting for you on the other side.

As has been said already. Set yourself a certain time to do revision and another time to play FM. If your disciplined with it, then you'll not worry that your playing FM when you should be revising and it will help you to revise better, because you know that afterwards you can play your favourite computer game. icon_cool.gif

It worked for me and helped to gain passes in all my exams. icon_wink.gif

Ye I got GCSEs in the summer and at the moment I try to ration my nights by doing revision most of the time and then about 1/2 hour of FM before I go to bed. Works quite well. It's like smoking-you can't just suddenly quit, you have to slowly work it out.

Alternatively, an intetresting idea me and my mate figured, chnage names of all the players to facts u need for exams. For example, Kaka could be "The Nazi-Soviet pact included..." and Ronaldo is "the nucleus....". Would be very interesting save game...

when i did my gcse's and a-levels, i never bothered to revise (except for physics the morning of the exam). i played cm long into the night. i got good grades, went to uni and carried on the same. except then, i didn't bother with 'lectures'. (whatever they are). i got world renowned on cm and uni-wide acclaim for being the only person to pass exams without going to lectures or studying. only i got chucked out. for not doing 'coursework?', or going to 'lectures'. so advice from me is... play fm as a break from revision if you want to succeed, if you know it, as i did, just play fm. if you really can't do without huge amounts of revision, well, you're gonna fail anyway, so play fm. dirty out

i had that problem 2 years back icon_wink.gif i couldnt stop playing fm05 (best one so far for me) took frickley to the top and i couldnt stop it icon_biggrin.gif and my exams came round and i hardly revised apart from lessons in school

but i still managed to come out with my 5 c's icon_wink.gif so its all good tbf icon14.gif

I had that problem last year...

Heres what I did:

I left my computer and disc at home, went to the university and sat down and studied for a few hours. Went back home, played quite a bit of FM and repeated the other day.

I was constantly distracted by thinking out tactics and such though, so it wasn't too effective. In the end I ended up playing nights and studying at days :p

Went well though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phippsy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Keep playing mate, school grades aint worth **** in the real world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stupidest thing ive heard all day. side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Completely depends on what you're looking to do in life as how important grades are.

I work in music, and grades indeed mean absolutely 0 to me. Since my GCSEs, I have never, ever, EVER had to use my grades or show them in any way, and I'm very happy and fulfilled in what I do.

If you are looking to persue biology or sociology, however.......

Its hard to not play FM too much being a student.

Especially when you are doing two courses at once, and 8 a year. Until now we have had almost one exam per month, plus a lot of case-studies.

The way I have done it is to plan every day to an extreme level. 8 - 16 is schoolwork no matter what, meaning going to uni. No lectures = selfstudy. After school it is free time, and weekends are totally free from school work.

This means that I have a lot of time to do what I want, spend time with friends or play FM, etc.

Because most of the courses Im taking have few lectures, it means that I do have enough time to try preparing for exams and doing the case studies on daytime.

And the night before an exam studying is a big no-no for me. This is a FM night for me. This makes me forget about the exams, and stress down.

I couldnt function without a schedule like this - all my time would have been spent on playing FM - like I used to do.. And I promise you - THAT was a disaster icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:

Who else has this problem then? And does anyone have any cures or past experiences ... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my sympathies, but try using it as a way of breaking the stress, do something like 45 minutes of revision then 15 minutes of football manager, (trust me this actually does increase your concentration, a proven tactic) good luck, dont take your foot off the gas though!

Archived