Weird player descriptions?

Explosive is related to acceleration rather than raw pace isn't it?

That what I thought too :thup:

Have seen Obafemi Martins called an explosive striker and I wouldnt consider him to have the same pace as someone like Agbonlahor so seems to be a fitting description to me.

How exactly can someone be an 'explosive centre-back'? :confused:

"Explosive *position*" means the player as Acceleration and Pace of 18 or greater for both attributes (i.e. Acc = 18+ and Pac = 18+).

There are also descriptions like "cultured midfielder/winger/striker," "midfield playmaker," "flamboyant midfielder/winger/striker," "clinical striker," "strong centre-back/full-back," "tenacious midfielder," "industrious midfielder," "tireless midfielder," "enthusiastic midfielder," etc. From my experience, each of these specialized descriptions are tied directly to a combination of attributes that are 15 or greater (for example, a cultured midfielder has ratings of 15 or greater in all of the following attributes: technique, passing, dribbling, long shots. In comparison, a cultured winger has ratings of 15 or greater in dribbling, crossing, technique, and long shots. Finally, a cultured striker would have 15 or greater for technique, dribbling, finishing, and long shots. I am assuming the "cultured" is a reference to the ability to shoot from distance, as in "Robin van Persie's 'cultured' left foot"). Sorry for the essay, just trying to be thorough :)

Archived