Managing Friendlies (or not)

First of all, sorry if this is a covered issue. I've searched for various things, and haven't found anything.

On FM08, I used to hate playing in pointless friendlies, those I organised against bottom league Polish teams just to get a big win. A good way of increasing confidence and bringing in young players, I thought. I used to leave these matches to my Assistant Manager, because I couldn't be bothered to play them all. I had hoped to do this for FM09, too.

But when I went to set this, I couldn't find the option. Where I would have previously opened the option to this, I now just have the option to 'Go on Holiday', 'Resign', or 'Retire'.

Can we no longer set the assistant manager to take control of all friendlies, or am I just being stupid?

Thanks in advance for any answers:thup:

Scotty told you, its under team settings now

I know, I was asking another question:rolleyes:

You're right. They moved it for 09. No idea why.

Thank God for that, I thought I was going crazy! I almost re-installed FM08 to check TBH!

I have another question, when I go to play a match itsays something like 'Match Screen loading'. This stays for about 20 seconds. Does it happen on other computers, or is there something I can do to stop it/make it go quicker?

i have 10 feeders & i had to play them the anuall frendley but finding dates for them was imposable so i had to play 5 of them 1day after another & if you leave it down to your assistant then all my players would have been draging them selfs to the start of the campain?

you should play your youth a lot in thes frendlys as your assistant will almost always pick your best side?

I'm well with oTRUTHo on this issue. Friendlies may not be meaningful, but they are still fairly important. Fitness, obviously - you need to build fitness for your players but you also want to make sure to sub them out immediately if their Condition drops too low or they pick up a green cross. Likewise, playing friendlies can help a player "settle" or get used to your style of play. I also find them useful for building "form", especially in strikers.

Sure, I increase the match speed and switch to Key Highlights / No Replays instead of Extended Highlights / Replay Goals, but I do pay attention during them.

Archived