fm2009 my team's money is always decreasing with no explanation (FM2009)

why is my team loosing money all the time? I sold players and had 18 million in our account and slowly but surely they decreased and now I have negative bank account. What can I do to make the team start earning money? I am prepared to use editors and alike.

why is my team loosing money all the time? I sold players and had 18 million in our account and slowly but surely they decreased and now I have negative bank account. What can I do to make the team start earning money? I am prepared to use editors and alike.

Probably wages even if you are within your wage budget.

Hahaha. I'm sure Liverpool and West Ham chairmans are asking themselves the same questions... (to bad they can't use an editor:D)

The finances in 09 seem more realistic than previous versions tbh: basically unless you are in the Champions League you are going to lose money without developing and selling on talented youngsters to balance the books.

Most clubs don't make a profit and many carry and subsidise huge losses every year.

BBC news article on Everton recently: their turnover for the year was 76m but they announced pre-tax profits of £250, 000.

And Everton are known to be very frugal ..

Chelsea on the other hand posted losses of 75m for the year.

Turnover at Manchester United is nearly quarter of a billion pounds, but profits for 2008 were just 48m (before transfers).

Football is not a profitable business and when it is (such as Spurs selling Berbatov or Everton Rooney for huge sums) the money recouped almost always goes toward offsetting an exhisting debt or invested straight back into the squad or the infrastructure. That is why the sport totally depends on TV revenue and billionaires with deep pockets.

Once again BBC news has quoted Gareth Southgate today stating he is concerned that the bubble will burst in the near future and big clubs will implode.

Comes the same day the football League agreed quotas of Home Grown players - they evidently know where the future lies for them and it isn't in buying players. In fact I had a conversation today with my accountant whoser firm also does the books for Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Weds (among others) and he said many League clubs are aiming to produce all their own players by 2012 and only sell not buy talent.

The finances in the League have been in terminal spin for years now and without clubs becoming or aiming to become entirely self sufficient as a matter of prirority (because wages are never going down always up) there is no future for professional football outsude of the top 6 of the EPL in the UK.

Interestingly this has evidently already begun north of the border in Scotland where they are producing large numbers of young Scottish players that simply didn't happen as recently as five years ago ..

I dont understand... If I made my wages to 7 million which is my ticket revenue that is approximately 4 times less than what it is now, and now I have a very little squad...If I lower my wages to that I will have to transfer this club to Africa to get the chance in the premier league... Something must be wrong with the way SiGames set up my team, is that a possibility?

EDIT: So this financial state is not worrying?

Aim for 25 man first team.

11 well paid quality players, 11 back up players (ideally older on short term contracts and low wages) and 3 or so utility players.

Look to bring in 5m a year at least in player sales and don't renew contracts when they start asking for double their current deal - no matter how good they are.

And be very firm with bonuses and signing fees.

As in real life, players will often prefer to wait out their contracts and leave on a free. So identify those who are not likely to stay and sell them off 3-5 months before their contract expires. Profit.

Everytime you sell an established first team player for a few million, spend exactly 50% the profit on a young player with higher potential.

After 5 years or so you will be loaded and in a position to keep your better regens. ;)

but why dont I loose my license to play in the Premier League when my bank account is negative?

Being in debt doesnt effect your status. Only going into administration e.g. formally filing for bankruptcy.

As I said most clubs have millions of debt. Manchester United are currently £650m in the red for example ..

• SI Staff

Much of the finances in the Nordic countries is based on gate income and sponsorships as the prize money and tv money usually isn't as big as in the English leagues for example. I'm guessing you've taken a lower league Norwegian side to the Premier division and now you are trying to make them both competitive AND profitable (or at least breaking even, ie. not losing money) ?

So better check your stadium and attendances against the other teams in the league, as well as the ticket pricing (top menu bar World > Finances > Norway then view menu top right to check the different things). There is nothing you can really do about the attendances and ticket pricing, except to produce results on the pitch to try and boost the club reputation.

But I think you just answered to yourself in the best way possible with this:

then I will have to do like in real life, budget with player sales included :D

The team I am playing with is a team with big reputation for going from first division to the premier league, thats why I am trying to establish it in the premier league. It is one of the best first division teams but one of the worst premier league. The stadium is a 10200 all seater so I need some european play badly to raise my reputation.

Archived