English Big 4 not spending enough??

SiN8

I'm currently in my 4th season of my Arsenal game and I'm not seeing many transfer activities from the other big 4 teams.

2008/09 season

Chelsea: Darjio Srna

Liverpool:

ManU:

2009/10 season

Chelsea: Goran Pandev, Gary Cahill(???), Julio Baptista

Liverpool: Florent Malouda, Lorik Cana

ManU:

2010/11 season

Chelsea: Sofiane Feghouli

Liverpool: Bafetimbi Gomis, Alvaro Mejia, Steven Davis

ManU: Jacques Faty

2011/12 season

Chelsea: Vito Mannone(wtf???)

Liverpool:

ManU: Guiseppe Rossi, Park Ji-Sung

There's not one superstar in that list. Over the last four seasons, total spending for all three teams is barely over 100m pounds. That's an average of 8.3m pounds per team per season. While Chelsea have won 2 of the last 3, both ManU and Liverpool have slipped out of the top 4 spot at least once. Just in comparison over the last 4 seasons, Man City has spend 300m, Milan with 170m and Real Madrid with 140m.

Is this just in my game or are others experiencing the same thing?

They are also suffering in European competitions. While I won the last Champions League, no other English team even made the quarterfinal. Valencia beat Chelsea and Shaktar beat Liverpool in the first knockout. Tottenham didn't even make it out of the group stages.

2008/09 season

Chelsea:

Liverpool:

ManU:

Arsenal:

2009/10 season

Chelsea: Afellay

Liverpool: Kirkland

ManU:

Arsenal

2010/11

Chelsea: Husyev, Antonio Valencia

Liverpool: Rafael Forster

ManU:

Arsenal: Enyeama, Diego

The big four very rarely buy anyone and make poor choices when they do. Bizarre.

Man City spent £230m so far (and still no success for them)

Totally agree, the BIG four do not buy many players, Im mid-way through Pre-Season in my third season.

Chelsea are the only team to have brought any players of real note, and even they have only brought a couple..... Man U brought some cheap GK and both Liverpool and Arsenal have brought no one!!!

Man U doesn't have much money, so they can't spend much! Just load any editor/scout program and check.

Arsenal has money but they already have such an enourmous amount of great players and most are young or youngish, so why bother?

Chelsea and Liverpool, yes, maybe they should be spending more money than they are.

I'm noticing this too. The big 4 just aren't spending that much. And frankly, other than Arsenal, they're underperforming. In my second season, Man City were second (spend stupid amounts), Spurs third (spent quite a lot), Chelsea fourth (spent very little), Man U fifth (spent nothing) and Liverpool were seventh or eighth after again, spending very little.

Something else to notice that none of the teams are investing in youth. I can't speak for Arsenal, but ManU and Liverpool IRL are snapping up talented youngsters everywhere.

I have noticed this too. My guess is that the regens in FM09 are so good they don´t need to look elsewhere.

Archived