Unrealistic Emount of Goals

On FM08 there are far too many goals when you manage in a league in England/Scotland ( loads of 6-4s, 5-4s, 4-3s, etc), I was just wondering if this was the same in every league on FM08 or if they are leagues that are more realistic when you manage in them around the world.

I'm wanting to start a new game but unrealistic scores time after time when you manage in a league puts me off.

On FM08 there are far too many goals when you manage in a league in England/Scotland ( loads of 6-4s, 5-4s, 4-3s, etc), I was just wondering if this was the same in every league on FM08 or if they are leagues that are more realistic when you manage in them around the world.

I'm wanting to start a new game but unrealistic scores time after time when you manage in a league puts me off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

quickly delete this post before hershie complains and starts crying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif Most childish thing I've heard on here in a while.

I experience this a lot while managing in the Premier League.

Just about every game is 5-4, 5-3, 4-3, etc. And no, don't say it's my tactics, because tons of AI games are strangely high scoring too.

To be honest, I'd much rather lose 0-1 or just draw 0-0 than play in 5-4 5-5 games all the time.

Yeah I have noticed this, although I am from the Keegan school of management gung-ho all attack, but unlike Kev, I actually win stuff... icon_biggrin.gif

By the way has anyone ever seen the word amount spelt like that?... icon_wink.gif

If you're playing with defenders that are below the standard of the best of the league, in full detail, you're going to concede 30% more goals than you would irl. If you're a big club with top notch defenders, you won't be affected by the problem.

Just run a season on holliday, full detail, and compare the number of goals mid/low table clubs concede vs real life. In basic detail, the numbers are realistic enough.

I have skipped FM 2008 because of this, and still can't believe SI decided not to fix the problem.

I haven't noticed many results like that playing in England, but I haven't really played in lower leagues there. Right now I have a game in N. Irland though and the amount of goals is just crazy.

Biggest scoring game so far is 7-5 and games with 6-10 goals is much more common than 0-2 goals.

The strange thing is that there aren't more chances, but a huge number of the shots on goals go in. Even though I have the best goalie in the league, he rarely makes a save. I would guess my opponent score about 3 of every 4 shot that hit the target, while I need a little bit more, something like 3 of 5.

This was a noticeable problem prior to patch 8.0.2 so have you patched up your game? 8.0.2 still has the occaisonal random scoreline thrown in but it is far, far better than beforehand.

Remember if you go very attacking you will score lots of goals but also concede lots of goals. You have to even out your tactics.

This really pees me off with people moaning about "unrealistic" scores.

In this seasons premier league:

Pompey 7-4 Reading

Spurs 6-4 Reading

Chelsea 4-4 Villa

Spurs 4-4 Villa

Boro 8-1 Man City

Derby 2-6 Arsenal

Wigan 5-3 Blackburn

Everton 7-1 Sunderland

Liverpool 6-0 Derby

Chelsea 6-1 Derby

Derby 0-6 Villa

Chelsea 6-0 Man City

Man Utd 6-0 Newcastle

Newcastle 1-5 Man Utd

So stop bloody moaning that "oh my god I saw a 3-3 draw - this games ridiculous"!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowRonaldo:

On the other hand, you also get a lot of 0-0s and 1-1s in real life.

But 3-0 etc. seems to happen more than 1-0 or 1-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go back and look over things again. I bet there were lots of 1-0s, 1-1s and 0-0s. The fact is that the big scores leap out at you because you are looking for them. You believe that there are far too many big scores so you notice them more than you do the low scores...trust me it's all normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manutdman666:

This really pees me off with people moaning about "unrealistic" scores.

In this seasons premier league:

Pompey 7-4 Reading

Spurs 6-4 Reading

Chelsea 4-4 Villa

Spurs 4-4 Villa

Boro 8-1 Man City

Derby 2-6 Arsenal

Wigan 5-3 Blackburn

Everton 7-1 Sunderland

Liverpool 6-0 Derby

Chelsea 6-1 Derby

Derby 0-6 Villa

Chelsea 6-0 Man City

Man Utd 6-0 Newcastle

Newcastle 1-5 Man Utd

So stop bloody moaning that "oh my god I saw a 3-3 draw - this games ridiculous"!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well first off those games were spread out over time but in the game those kind of scores happen week in week out. SOmething needs to be changed for this game to be good or realstic. I stick to 8.0.1 just for the fact the scorelines don't read nonsense.

In real life, Derby conceded exactly 6 quite regularly. Quite interesting.

I think in FM there are a lot of freak results but many involve the team you are playing as. My tactics are rather attacking and my defence is rather poor so I end up scoring some 3-4 goals per game (usually a minimum of 3!) but concede at least 1 if not 3-4!

Archived