Shot term contracts - are they possible?

Since I'm managing a club in Eastern Europe that has insecure finances and the only way of signing players is by going through the free agents, I never spend money on players.

I'm in the January transfer window and I have decided to off-load as many of my reserve players as I can. I sold a ST who's contract was expiring in 2011. Keep in mind it is January, 2010 in my game-save.

A club offers 2K for my player, and so I accept. The deal goes through like any other deal would.

Out of curiosity, I check the player's new club and see what status they have given him because it was a team from the top flight that purchased him.

This is what confused me; his new contract that he had been offered by the club he signed for, expires in June 2010.

So; It's Jan 2010. A player who's contract expires in 2011 is sold and signs for a club who offers him a 6 month contract that expires in June 2010.

Are human managers allowed to offer 6 month contracts as well or is it just AI managers? I figured I'd ask since I don't have a sufficient enough transfer budget to test this out.

Pictures;

The deal:

signeday5.th.jpg

The contract:

newcontractcc1.th.jpg

Edit: Typo in the title. It should be short-term, not shot-term. :D

This isn't a bug, but rather a question about the contracts in the game. I realized I may have put it in the wrong place.

If a mod sees this, can they please move it to the General section of the forums, please.

Edit: Thanks to the mod that moved it.

Month to month contracts should be in the game. Hell, even pay as you play such as Fowler's deal at Blackburn.

Come on SI, let's here an official response on this.

You could easily do the pay as you play deal, set their wage to £0 and up their

appearance fee

The game wouldn't recognize it as such, however. The player would also request some level of wage, and if you bring it down to 0, they will reject the contract, regardless of the other fees.

This needs to be implemented in order for it to be done and used properly.

Archived