Do you still attend press conferences?

Coop

I've got a good assistant who handles press conferences perfectly fine, thankfully, so I normally send him unless a journalist with which I have good relations is at it, in which case I attend.

Note: There is a thread here about 'Media Packs'. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58935&page=3

I found Ally McCoist at Rangers handled them well but when I changed assistant that all changed. Unfortunately I do not know what to look for in an assistant to know that he's good at this side of the job. McCoist is a club Legend so perhaps that helps?

Note: There is a thread here about 'Media Packs'. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58935&page=3

I found Ally McCoist at Rangers handled them well but when I changed assistant that all changed. Unfortunately I do not know what to look for in an assistant to know that he's good at this side of the job. McCoist is a club Legend so perhaps that helps?

Don't think that has anything to do with it — I'm Wigan and my assistant is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (and before him Oleg Luzhnyi).

I leave most to my assistant, but attend the odd one myself. I've sussed out pretty quickly which answers elicit a good response anyway ('I feel we have a good understanding', 'We have a chance as long as nothing unusual occurs', 'We will make sure we are tight at the back' etc) and so has my assistant.

Certainly easier to navigate than the 08 media system. Maybe a little too easy.

I still attend press conferences, because I try to imagine the game as in real life. I definitely would attend if I was the manager.

But seems like there could be more variation in the questions and answers. Seems like with a little effort and not a lot of coding, the press conferences could be greatly improved.

I done an experiment going to all press conferences, 1 season and not bothering the next and it makes a lot of difference to your team morale if you do go to the press conferences as I found that if I didn`t go my players morale would drop but if I went all the time the players morale very rarely dropped below very good.

Might just be a coincedence but I noticed it had a definate impact on morale not going to press conferences.

Also I don`t` think it has anything to do with how good your ass man is because they would have a stat for media handling or something, its more fluke that your ass man gives the right answer.

I did for the first season but quite frankly Im bored of them now!

I understand the impact they might have on the players but I have a strong assistant and respect his ability to handle the media. There really are so many times I can answer the same questions tbh.

There are managers IRL who dont speak to the press and I doubt the Likes of Rooney and Ferdinand respect Sir Alex any less for it and thats from a liverpool fan.

I done an experiment going to all press conferences, 1 season and not bothering the next and it makes a lot of difference to your team morale if you do go to the press conferences as I found that if I didn`t go my players morale would drop but if I went all the time the players morale very rarely dropped below very good.

Might just be a coincedence but I noticed it had a definate impact on morale not going to press conferences.

Also I don`t` think it has anything to do with how good your ass man is because they would have a stat for media handling or something, its more fluke that your ass man gives the right answer.

I never go to them and my squad happiness or what it's called in English is "very good" mostly... But maybe it can be better if I attend the press conferences? :p

I did for the first season but quite frankly Im bored of them now!

I understand the impact they might have on the players but I have a strong assistant and respect his ability to handle the media. There really are so many times I can answer the same questions tbh.

There are managers IRL who dont speak to the press and I doubt the Likes of Rooney and Ferdinand respect Sir Alex any less for it and thats from a liverpool fan.

It's only the BBC that Fergie refuses to talk to until they appologise to him for what they said about his son.

Im afraid i just find them too tiresome now.

Being a manager from BSS, I only get a handful a year, so press conferences are a welcome diversion for me. You usually get 2 or 3 players who react positively to what you've said so I think they're a good thing. Might have to skip a few when I get to the PREM tho :)

Got bored of them during my 2nd season at Bayern. I let my assistant Martin Vasquez handle them for most of that season and when I moved to Inter in season 3 (they wanted me to replace Harry Redknapp who managed to turn the previous seasons champions into a midtable side :thdn:) I brought Vasquez along with me as he has never said anything stupid or upset a player with his comments.

I go to them around 80 per cent of the time before a game and always after a match. Repetition and all they are still an amusing diversion on the game for me - though this would be less so without the ability to type your own replies. Though having said that we need to be able to have more charcters permitted in our replies in future editions.

I still attend ALL press conferences for the same reason.

I'm sure there was a thread on here a wee while ago saying the same thing, that basically results/morale etc. were better if you attend them.

Although I suppose if you were making a right mess of them and upsetting people you might be better not going. But for most people I believe that attending does help results in the long term.

I still attend ALL press conferences for the same reason.

I'm sure there was a thread on here a wee while ago saying the same thing, that basically results/morale etc. were better if you attend them.

Although I suppose if you were making a right mess of them and upsetting people you might be better not going. But for most people I believe that attending does help results in the long term.

I thought this was true but I had Kevin Bond do all my conferences, he had rubbish stats in every departmeant, yet I done really well winning the FA cup 1st season and domestic treble in my 2nd.

The only one I attented was when I got the job.

Managing Spurs

I got bored of the same questions all the time with answers that sometimes don't really even make. When I use United I let the assistant manger attend them but on my save where I'm using a small Irish club I have to do them myself because the one time I let my assistant do it it he managed to **** off most of my team

I did during my first season and half way through the second, then it became very monotonous and repetitive so my assistant does them now. He's doing a rather nice job too. We've been playing much better since he started doing them so there may be some correlation.

i still attend them. cant bloody stand it though! just dont trust the ass man to get it right! i dont even read the questions anymore. i look at the responses and just pick the one that seems most positive, never fails! ive never upset anyone yet.

please, please SI take them out next year! they're sooo boring. it makes me weep when i have to attend another one when i just want to get on with the match.

you can have ur assitant handle team talks (automatically) in the team settings i think, same place for him to do your friendlies. As for the press conferences i guess u just have to send him every time they come up.

you can have ur assitant handle team talks (automatically) in the team settings i think, same place for him to do your friendlies. As for the press conferences i guess u just have to send him every time they come up.

ye but ass man's are kinda notorious for doin the most rediculous things in press con's. like saying my fiercest rivals are going to win the league!

Archived