overweight kids

kkas

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but alot of the regens coming through at the ages of 16 are already 10 stone plus. I myself was nowhere near that weight at that age and wouldn't consider myself exceptionally skinny. Seen as though these kids are supposed to be on a fitness regime as well it doesn't seem very realistic

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but alot of the regens coming through at the ages of 16 are already 10 stone plus. I myself was nowhere near that weight at that age and wouldn't consider myself exceptionally skinny. Seen as though these kids are supposed to be on a fitness regime as well it doesn't seem very realistic

If you're tall at 16 and in training then 10 stone is light. If you're short and in training then 10 stone is probably about right. Bear in mind that players at that age will have a bit of muscle, and also probably a bit of 'puppy fat'.

One of the great RL 16 year old wonderkids is the Greek DC Papadopolous. I googled him (after buying him and wishing to make a player pic for him) and noticed he is very plump indeed!

I think thats the guy on sky sports scout and yeah he does look on the chubby side :D

Don't forget as well that these kids are doing light weight training from the age of about 13 or 14 whereas most blokes don't get into that stuff until they're about 18 at the earliest (I'm talking about dedicated, disciplined weight training).

And being in their early-mid teens, they're still in puberty and therefore have more testosterone in their bodies than an adult steroid freak. Have you ever seen these academy players? A lot of them look like they're on the gear. Especially in more contact-type sports such as rugby league.

It's just the natural result of regularly doing light weights during puberty (heavy weights damage growth plates at that age and lead to stunted growth and mild deformities).

Archived