anyone else encountered this problem when changing captains?

im playing as juventus and del piero (the previous captain) retired at the end of the third season, yet i signed him as a coach due to him having high technical coaching stats which i find a rairty in the my game, so when i made joao moutinho my new captain, half my squad said they were disapointed that del piero was not captain anymore and chiellini is now said to eb considering his future, which really doesnt help as there's a host of clubs after him.

anyone else encountered something like this, it seems pretty absurd to me tha tplayers would want their coach to be their captain

Is it necessarily a bug?

You could interpret this as the manager making a wrong choice of captain, and upsetting the players, rather than them being ****ed off that Del Boy has been replaced. It would make sense if you imagine Neville and Ferdinand retiring, then Ferguson goes and makes Ronaldo captain, I could see things kicking off there.

It may just be a case of the wrong message coming up for the right reason....which would make it a bug...never mind

Or, on the other hand....Del Piero may have had such a strong personality that he was the only reason certain players were staying with the team. As soon as he went, they had their excuse to move on.

Edit: Actually, that doesn't work either if he's still there as a coach. bug :)

It may just be a case of the wrong message coming up for the right reason....which would make it a bug...never mind

I agree with this. If they were happy with your new choice, I think the message you got would be totally different.

Also when did you change captain? Was he a player/coach when you did it or just a coach?

What is a bug is that you can never ever ever change the team captain without at least half the squad being unhappy about it.

You can though, aslong as you make a good choice the players will be happy enough.

This does sound like a fairly typical S.I. bug, as already mentioned :) but if you have a save from after Del Piero retired but before you employed him as a coach, don't hire him, appoint a new captain and see what happens. If the players still have the hump then clearly Del Piero is the reason they were playing for Juventus and not all those trophies or your managerial brilliance ;)

You can though, aslong as you make a good choice the players will be happy enough.

What ive found is if you take it off anyone who has influence >15 then your squad becomes unhappy even if the new captain has a greater influence stat. I swear never once have i done it without at least half the squad being unhappy. I just leave it alone until i can sell the original captain (which for some reason doesn't make the squad unhappy, figure that out) :D

This is what I would call a 'typical' S.I. bug. :)

Typical of the way they implement features without covering all the eventualities and implications. Typically sloppy 'we'll fix it later if its an issue let's just get it done' approach to programming. ;)

Not necessarily. This is more like a rare situation not though as a test case while programming / testing the game, rather than being an issue that they knew about it while creating the feature but deciding not to fix it.

Archived