Right, I just bought this

I think it will maybe be ok but for maybe the same money or a little more you could do alot better and for sure alot better if it wasn't a laptop,the thing is come next year or the following year you will maybe have to buy yet another new 1 but for the same price or a bit more for a desktop you wont need to bother for quite sometime,even if it has to be a laptop you can get better than that even at the same price.

Its too late now - but it would have been easier to check here before purchasing something :) If you had that option that is.

Its faster than the PC I use FM on (3D matches are fine, occassionally slow-down when changing tactics/updating) and has more memory so all is good there. The graphics though, I guess as is always the problem with laptops - it might have a problem but I'm sure someone with the same setup will come along and could very well put your mind to rest!

Yep it is alot easier to ask before you spend the cash ...or someone else's rather than ask after,I dont think you will have a problem playing FM09 with that set-up,also it will be good for your work,though the 1 thing I have learned with pc/laptop buying over the years is ask everyone and do alot of searching before handing over the cash.

Download the demo, patch it and see for yourself.

Didn't know you could patch the demo. Might give that a try. Actually i'll probably wait for the second patch!

Also, ignoring specs and stuff, i highly recommend toshiba laptops. My one is 3 1/2 years old now and has worked perfectly well all this time :thup:

Didn't know you could patch the demo. Might give that a try. Actually i'll probably wait for the second patch!

There is a demo version of the patch due to compatability issues (I think), there won't be another one for the second patch. I don't think there will be, at least.

There is a demo version of the patch due to compatability issues (I think), there won't be another one for the second patch. I don't think there will be, at least.

Oh ok. Do you know if this demo patch is just for people having compatability issues or does it also update the game e.g. make changes to the match engine?

Oh ok. Do you know if this demo patch is just for people having compatability issues or does it also update the game e.g. make changes to the match engine?

I'm really not sure. In the thread it is called the 'Demo Compatability' patch, so I'd take a punt at it just being for the gpu issues they had but I don't know for sure.

Archived