Team name wins games?

I have Colchester, have brought them up to EPL and been given a hefty transfer budget both the first and second seasons in EPL, which was enough for me to create a pretty good team.

I seem to be able to beat any team outside the top 6 or 7 at most, but i can't for the love of god have ANY CHANCE against Arsenal in the League Cup, even though the oldest player they are using is 20, and none of them is one of the first-team players, they're all like 3rd team youngsters, yet they kicked my butt.

I was just wondering if it's simply the team name that is making the game have them win games or what? If i can beat the likes of Tottenham in a full team battle a week ago, why do i not even have a chance against these mediocre youngsters?

I have Colchester, have brought them up to EPL and been given a hefty transfer budget both the first and second seasons in EPL, which was enough for me to create a pretty good team.

I seem to be able to beat any team outside the top 6 or 7 at most, but i can't for the love of god have ANY CHANCE against Arsenal in the League Cup, even though the oldest player they are using is 20, and none of them is one of the first-team players, they're all like 3rd team youngsters, yet they kicked my butt.

I was just wondering if it's simply the team name that is making the game have them win games or what? If i can beat the likes of Tottenham in a full team battle a week ago, why do i not even have a chance against these mediocre youngsters?

That sucks!

To answer the question though, the team name doesn't win matches... I have fairly conclusive proof of that if you really want, but I think you can just trust me saying that.

Not name per se, but the reputation attatched to the club plays a big difference.

So by using the editor and renaming Arsenal to "We are a bunch of sissies FC" wont make any change, more then a giggle perhaps.

But if you change their rep to something low, you "might" see a change. (Im not sure about this, im only speculating/guesstimating)

Not name per se, but the reputation attatched to the club plays a big difference.

So by using the editor and renaming Arsenal to "We are a bunch of sissies FC" wont make any change, more then a giggle perhaps.

But if you change their rep to something low, you "might" see a change. (Im not sure about this, im only speculating/guesstimating)

Now... It may just be me here, maybe this is some amazing insight into the match engine that nobody outside SI have ever thought about before. This might be one of the most revolutionary ideas since the planks constant... Maybe it's the quality of players at their disposal that makes them the best?

I mean, people here are constantly trying to blame other things for bad results (whatever that might be to you), but in all honesty from my experience, it hasn't been a major mystery or issue.

It took me 5 seasons to win the Premiership with Derby and only 4 to win the Champions Legaue. The major difference between the team I survived with and my team now is the quality of the players. Yes, whilst the reputation of the club would have gone up, I still beat Arsenal in my 2nd season to get to the FA Cup final before beating Newcastle to win it. I went on to beat Arsenal again on the last day of the season. Then if that was enough of a shock for the World to handle, still Championship Ipswich went on to win the FA Cup the next year.

Archived