Setting up FM

Getting FM 09 for christmas, along with a brand new laptop to play it on.

Have read of problems when setting up.

With 08 i just put the disc in and it all went from there,

do i have to be connected to the internet to download? or can i just put the disc in and it will work.

thanks,

Sparey.

Put the disc in and the installation will run automatically. The only time you need to be connected to the Internet is when you activate the game. Several people here recommend activating via Uniloc :)

Yeah use Uniloc, I used it before all the trouble with Steam because I knew Steam would wreck the installation. Uniloc was easy to use aswell, and quicker. Use Uniloc

Put the disc in and the installation will run automatically. The only time you need to be connected to the Internet is when you activate the game. Several people here recommend activating via Uniloc :)

what do i need to activiate it for? is that so i can play online agaisnt other humans or something?

can that be done any day? so like christmas morning, get up, quicklly load up the net on the desktop and just put a code into a website?

Yeah anyday at any time. You don't go to a website though. You get a box and you get to choose Uniloc or Steam, Choose Uniloc and then it'll come up with some boxes for you to type your code into.

I think you can do it very fast now,tbh mate most of the complaints were the 1st weekend it released and it was a bit of a shambles,by all accounts now it is alot better and in truth it should only take you a few min's,as some posters have said make sure you choose unilock and not steam :)

It's not a very good present if you know what you've got before you've opened it!

Lol Tom,I remeber being 10 ..all those years ago and knowing I was getting a spectrum but my dad let me set it up for him 3 days before as he didnt know how to do it and didnt want me dissapointed on Christmas day :)

Edit-we we not rich and it was 2nd hand so my father was scared it wouldnt work so wanted to make sure.

Lol Tom,I remeber being 10 ..all those years ago and knowing I was getting a spectrum but my dad let me set it up for him 3 days before as he didnt know how to do it and didnt want me dissapointed on Christmas day :)

Haha, that's very considerate of him. I'm only 15 (16 in 10 days) so I wouldn't like knowing what I get. Obviously there's things that I think I'm getting but haven't been confirmed or anything.

Archived