Goalkeepers

Ok, first of all this is a brilliant game, I've been playing it since CM2, but there is one thing bugging me on the game which has for years and years and I think I'll have a little rant about it.

Obviously by the title you can guess it's about goalkeepers. The problem I have is that it is so very hard to sign a half decent goalkeeper. Even after I have my scouts looking at them, they say they will be a good signing, better than what I already have etc. But everytime they turn out crap.

The current game I have going, I'm in my second season and not once as any of the keepers I've played had a match rating higher than 7. It is very rare I keep a clean sheet, and when I do, most of the time the opposition fail to get a shot on target. 95% of the games I play I conceed over 50% of the amount of shots the opposition have on target. I can't blame the defence because they manage to keep opposition shots down to a minimum. I often have games ended 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4 etc with my team having the majority of the chances.

It's taking all the fun out of the game for me because my tactics arn't to blame, my goalkeeping coach has a rating of 20 for coaching goalkeepers and its near impossible for me to sign a decent keeper.

Rant over

You didnt mention the keepers you currently have or have used in the past,

evn if you have a average goalkeeper using decent tactics with the decent defence you say you have, you should still keep most shots out

Archived