Youngster signing for lower reputation club despite Barcelona offering huge contract?

I'm managing Barcelona at the moment (yes I know, not very challenging) and have discovered a gem at FC Utrecht. Despite the fact that I am offering 10 times the salary and setting squad status to "hot prospect" he keeps re-signing for FC Utrecht.

Nothing I won't get over, but I am wondering why. They never give a reason.

It's probably becuase he has signed a pre-contract. Which will prevent you from snapping him up from under their noses. If this is the case, you will only be able to sign him when he turns 17. If he is older than 17 then, I'm not sure what the problem is.

This is a bug that if they are 16 or younger not on a professional contract they will never sign for you.When he gets a professional contract you can sign him.

I think this is the right answer. I have had trouble sign a youngster recently. My scout found him, said i would need 3K to get him.

So i make a transfer offer of 3K, it is accepted. I offer contract to the player (16 year old) and next day i get message saying: player accepted offer if his current club.

So i offer again 3k, his club again accepts the offer, i offer the contract to player, next day i get the message: player accepted offer if his current club

repeat 2-3 times (i tried different types of contracts thinking may be i was not making the right offer) but same result.

Obviously a bug

Archived