Simulation or a Game? What is FM09 to you?

Simulation or Game  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Simulation or Game

• Simulation
    • Game

it seems to me that there is now a split in the FM gamer community on whether to approach FM09 as a GAME or SIMULATION.

I was just wondering what all my follow forumers views on the game were?

whether you see it as a simulation (example Gran Turismo) so much harder, more punishing and greater degree of technical knowledge required and to the casual user not as much fun in the product

or a Game (example Need for Speed/Project Gotham Racing) easier to pick up and play, less of a challenge, ultimately not as rewarding as a sim but probably more fun...

as i believe the reason there's been a lot of complaints anout this game is that its shifted more towards being a sim than a game?

just my two cents

A bit tricky to answer,for me atleast.

I do enjoy alot of the sim factor but also enjoy the pick up and play factor,I wont vote for now maybe in a better place to vote after the patch,as I said in a couple of posts this FM still has the chance to be the best yet,just needs some balancing issue's sorted out.

imho i think fm09 is a simulation. the slider system especially is so tedious and ambiguous i cant even make a decent tactic. features like the press conference they should get rid of; they are so repetive they bore me to death atm!

i'd rather play 08 at any rate.

Simulate as much as possible but without sacrificing one ounce of fun.

Perhaps that should become the rule.

I don't mind the game (or sim?) being hard to play if by hard it means mentally hard to find a good tactic or whatever. But when it becomes hard in a tiresome manner (having to click more than ever to get to an actual match, etc) then I'd rather that aspect was easier. That feels like too much work. Racking my brains to come up with better tactics? No problem. That's fun. And rewarding when you succeed. There's nothing rewarding about repetitiveness. It just gets more and more tiresome.

It has to be both,if it is just a game then players will tire of it quickly,if it is just a sim then a hardcore bunch will stay but most will tire of it quickly.

Its a fine balance which the patch can bring then they could very well have the perfect game for both type's of players.

Archived