Is it worth having a difficulty setting on FM?

I've noticed recently there is a lot of aggrevation about the tactical attention that needs to be paid to a team before one can gain success in FM09. A lot of people seem to miss the more 'playable' games of CM 01/02 or 03/04. With FM becoming more 'realistic', or at least 'detailed' every year that passes, the difficulty level and learning curve for a new player and even old players becomes harder.

Is it finally worth implementing a difficulty level to accomodate different levels of playing? I don't think a CM or FM game has had such an option before, but with the increasing focus on tactics would it be wise for the FM team to give the player an 'easy', 'medium', 'expert' approach? Easy could mean less injuries, less worries about finances, less need to focus on tactics, whilst Expert would likely be much like the current incarnation of FM09, maybe a tad harder, whilst medium is an in between of the two.

I don't know if it is even possible to program the game to accept changes such as this based on a difficulty level setting, but for those who do not want to have to spend hours just deciding on tactics etc it might bring the 'fun factor' back into the game without diminishing the importance for those who like playing it in its' current form.

Archived