Success with choosing your own affiliates?

Has anyone had success with choosing their own club to be linked to, when asked by the board? Or perhaps have you been surprised when an unrealistic choice becomes reality?

I'm asking because I'm wondering where I should set my sights when choosing clubs. I first went for Boca (as Arsenal) which came to nothing. I then went for Cray Wanderers (personal reasons :p) and they became a feeder club of mine. I now have the chance to choose another, but I'm not too sure who to aim for if I want a worthwhile link.

Any suggestions from personal experience?

:thup::cool:

I am in my 9th season at a very successful Sunderland team and yet I still cant choose the type let alone the club I want lol.

3 season at Liverpool, can only choose type myself so far.

But did get perennial Champions League Qualifying stage dropouts for my Work Permit team.

Also a great feeder club of Hearts (Slightly better than a championship club for blooding youngsters to the british way of playing football) and Real Sporting de Gijón S.A.D. in Spain, who got promoted in the first season so to get my South Americans quick work permits (only 2 years) and quality continental football experience for others (My 18 yr old Brazilian DM broke Messi's leg).

I also have a finance feeder in US and China, so I think the board is choosing well themselves so far. If I finally get the chance to choose a feeder, I'll let you know how I get on.

BTW keep in mind not to recommend clubs that are already affiliated with another team in your league or a big rival. I don't know if these are taken into account though.

I am in my 9th season at a very successful Sunderland team and yet I still cant choose the type let alone the club I want lol.

Seriously? i got asked the type middle of my second season picked a work permit one (as i like to raid south america :D)

iv got 9 so far & my best has to be west brom as iv sent about 8youths "2 of them wonderkids" to them & thay all get played in the premiership :)

still waiting on a scottish club thought? id love to send my stars there & topple the old firm :D

I've never been able to suggest a type of feeder club yet. Do you get any indication when you are able to? Does the "Look for feeder team" button change, or do you have to click that first? Because I don't want to click "Look for feeder team" only to get ANOTHER generic locally based team.

I have been able to choose after being at my club for 5 years ..

However, nobody accepts (not even Saudi Arabian mid table teams) and I think this has to be my personal nomination for most futile and needlessly frustrating 'feature' of any FM I can recall in recent years. :mad:

I've never been able to suggest a type of feeder club yet. Do you get any indication when you are able to? Does the "Look for feeder team" button change, or do you have to click that first? Because I don't want to click "Look for feeder team" only to get ANOTHER generic locally based team.

AFter you have been at the club for x amount of time between 3 and 5 years I think, then when you click request feeder club you are sometimes given the choice of type!

I havent had any great success with these other than national loans TBH though.

how does the commarcial link feeder clubs work. do u notice any finance changes?

If your team is sufficiently renowned your marketing income will rise.

On a side note I just had my first chance to choose a club and chose Ajax as they've had a recent slump and had no big affiliates. No joy though. Will let you know how my next choice goes. I'm thinking a mid-table championship side.

Archived